'01-'05 Bed Extender Fits '07 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyB

Reaction score
I really dont like the Bed Extender that came with my "07 ST. It is cheaply made and not as strong as the original ST bed extender. The tubes are smaller, lighter and not stainless and are easilly dented. They are also tapered alot more than the original was giving you less space with it folded out or in.

I tried out the origial on my '07 ST just to see if I could modify it to fit and found that it fits perfectly and attaches the same way and the pins line up correctly too. The problem is that being it is not as tapered as the new one it hits the locking pins for the tonneau cover. I will have to see if I can do something about that to make it swing in and out without hitting them. Maybe dent or crease them in alittle.

see pics:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Cool, I bet you a muffler shop could put a mandrel crimp right there and it will fit...

Todd Z

I see there is another post with the same thing.

Either that or I hit it a bunch of times with a hammer. :)

Either that or I hit it a bunch of times with a hammer.

I did that on a cross brace for my 75 mustang when I put the Tremic tranny in it. No one said it would fit because of the brace... Well I cut it out of the car and beat it to death, Welded back in...

Note the finger I used to point it out..

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

I think it is worth it to try and retrofit it to work! The new one is so scrungy looking and it is cheap! Thanks for pointing that out Johnny B!