02 sensor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Lyle

Reaction score
Check engine light led to the discovery of the O2 sensors (3 of them) on my 2001 ST. Anyone know how hard it is to replace them. They are going to cost me $180 and I don't really want to shell out more to have someone put them in. Is it a DIY or not? THe really bad part... it's less than a week being mine :wacko: Just my luck.

Any help is appreciated.

It shouldn't be that hard to replace them, especially if you have ramps or jack stands or something. They're before and after the precats I believe, and before and after the regular cat. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but they're basically at the front of your exhaust system. I think they just unscrew, at least that's how Wayne took mine out and reinstalled them when I got my y-pipe.

Glenn,

Hang in there before you spend your money. The O2 sensors tripped the light because of something they saw more than likely as opposed to them failing.

For example. If you have a vacuum leak the O2 sensor will say the bank is running lean and trip the Check Engine light.

Post the exact codes and let us see if we can help you before you spend big bucks for nothing...

Yeah, I bet it is the vacuum elbow leaking and not all 3 sensors....

Todd Z

I had the same thing happen and it was the same hose that Coastie shows. It was about a $3 repair.

I did replace one of mine once. It was easy. I just bought the $40 Bosch one. Also, do yourself a favor and get the O2 Socket. It looks like a normal socket with a chunk missing. Made the install real easy. That cost about $8.

Later,

The Hawk:cool:

Latest posts