'02 ST Driver Seat Broken \ Center Console

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I drive around kids from my church a lot and they have always been pulling on my driver seat while I'm driving (which I always told them to STOP doing :angry:).

Anyway, now the seat is broken, and will no longer lock into position, so even if I push it up to the position I want, it sinks all the way down to the lowest position when I rest on it.

Should I just replace the seat, can it be fixed? How much should I expect to pay for either option?

Oh yeah, they broke the center console as well. I got it fixed through the recall, but I'm not sure if it can be fixed again through Ford as the warranty has been up for awhile. Any suggestions?

The system really is not designed to be serviced. That said, replacement stuff can get expensive. If you give me your zip code i will send you a list of yards that have seats that fit your Trac near you. Go buy one that operates properly and put your cloth or leather on it. It is the best way to go.

I looked into new cloth seats (the whole assembly) you are looking at close to 3k for 1!

Get it out of a wrecked one if you can.

Is it the captains chair with the one piece back, or is it the bucket with the head restraint?

If it's the captain's chair, there's a recall on the reclining pin shearing.