02 Throttle Body

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mylimyles

Reaction score
After reading a few post about the throttle body. It is concluded that the 02 no matter what job, has a plastic throttle body. Is this true? If not, where can I find the job number for my 02. There's a machine shop that I may get this done at, if thier cost is not too exspensive. If I have to get the aluminum. I can do a trade with someone, but don't want to go through with the trading if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance

Oops didn't see the post below

Last edited by a moderator:
MY,

01 job 2 and up to 04 are all the plastic. they are NOT interchangeable with the aluminum ones.

The 05 plastic one is a little different but will bolt on to any other plastic one.

Does that help?

Todd Z

So basically, if I stay with mine I'm limited to reducing the bolts, but If I want the full mod I will need the 01 job 1 (aluminum) TB?

Mylimyles,

If you have an 02 Trac you have to stay with the plastic throttle body because the metal one will not fit. I have the throttle body mod on my 02 and it is definitely worth it. Those bolts block a lot of the air--I think 26cfm.

George

I know that Todd offers both, but I'm trying to avoid the shipping on my behalf. OK, so I stay with my plastic TB and have the bolts and the bar that the bolts screw into thined down to be fully modded. If this is the case, am I good to go?

Yes....

And just so you know shipping is included in the price and the return shipping to me is only 4-6 bucks....

True...my return shipping to Todd was $5 and change from Tenn to NY. I have an '02 with the plastic modified throttle body and love it. I would recomend it. It's surprising what a difference the thinner plate and lowprofile bolts make. I was very pleasantly surprised.