03 4.0L Vs 04 4.0L Flex

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piere Decaire

Reaction score
Hey there ! i've been looking on numeros pages (suppliers) for aftermarket stuff and alot of them stop making parts after 03 for a sport trac ? why would this be ? are theyre any different between 03 and 04 ? i know mine is flex fuel if that makes a big difference !

There is really no difference... The 04 and 05 just got my options and styles added. The engines remained the same.

What "stuff" are you looking at?

Hey, Im almost certain that the year doesnt matter, because the engines didnt change. But I see your point about flex fuel, although I doubt it matters. Ive never heard of it being different. The link that is below, it is a website that sells throttle body's, and those work for 2001-2005, and it doesnt mention anything about flex fuel. So check them out.

If anything, get a modified TB from site sponsor Zabteck. Now that'll work ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks A Lot guys ! looked at the TB Spacer and i work for a parts store and my cost was like 150$ what is the most noticeable HP gain add-on i could do ? exhaust , intake ? without beeing too expensive ! Do dynomax exhaust sound ok ? cuz i can get a kit Dynomax # 19334 for cheap New !! let me know thanks !!