03 vs 04

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

My warranty is about up and I am researching Air Intakes. Was on ebay and came across a Voltant Air Intake. Sent them a message on fitment for an 04 Sport Tac with the optional Ram Air Scoop. They stated the intake only fits up to 03. Is there a difference between the 03 & 04 engine? I am thoroughly researching my options. Because the Voltant is enclosed I thought it would be closer to "true air". I'm aware of Todd Z's Intake but leery of cutting the fender. May go with Todd's intake after all. Thanks in advance.

TMac,

I am in the same position to possibly getting Todd's "true air intake" system. I am hoping that he can get a dyno run on one of the Tracs that has it installed to see what the difference is. This would give me more ammo to get it or not.

The cold air intake on a dyno will not get you Hard numbers unless you test it on a 30 degree day and than wait and re test on a 95 degree day, but the dyno has large fans blowing cold air over the vehicle any way...

I added the cold air intake and dynoed the truck and my air fuel went from 12.8 to 13.7 and the RWHP went from 198 up to 205....

The A/F ratio is the big one, it shows I am getting in more dense air causing the truck to lean a bit indicating the truck was getting much colder air then the MAC filter i had on the truck during the first dyno.

I am also working on a COMPLETE kit with the front tube as well....

Drilling the hole is really a piece of cake....

Thank you for thinking about my kit...

P.S The price has gone down a bit also....

Todd Z