04 heated seats not working

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eli Sidwell

Reaction score
A couple of years ago my ST heated seats stopped working. Have some time now and want to address it.
Questions:
1. ) Do I need to remove the whole seat just to find the problem ?
-> If I have to remove the seat, does the seat w/all floor brackets need to come out or can I just slide it off the rails ? (Drivers seat is electric, Passenger seat is manual)
2. ) I know the switch has been flaky for years. but now even w/messing w/switch, nothing at all.
3. ) What is the most common problem with the seat heaters ? Switch, Heater, Regulator (where is it ?)

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Remove the switch check and see if there is power and ground at the switch. Then see if the power is interrupted when you switch it to the off position. If it has voltage and ground find the wires that lead to the seat heater element. If there is power and ground when turning the seat heater on, you have a failed seat heating element..

Remove the switch check and see if there is power and ground at the switch. Then see if the power is interrupted when you switch it to the off position. If it has voltage and ground find the wires that lead to the seat heater element. If there is power and ground when turning the seat heater on, you have a failed seat heating element..
If Anyone knows where to get replacement Seat Heater elements please post the Company's website or name. Passengers side on my 04 is failed.
Thanks

Q: Should the heated seats be enabled any time the accessory circuit is enabled or just when the engine is running ?
Thanks

Im also learning the 2010 ST seat heat element is discontinue. Maybe Try Dorman 628-040 Universal Seat Heater Element.