04 ST 07 St center console

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Carter

Reaction score
I just wonder how hard it would be to put an o7 center console into a o4 ST so I can get the floor shift

Larry Phillips converted his with either a B&M or Hurst shifter...

Todd Z

It would probably be quite a hassle. The console would need a LOT of modification to fit into the location of the current one, and actually, the center shifter on the 07 is built into a pedestal on the floor, the console just has the hole in it.

As Todd said, I installed a center floor shifter in my 2001 ST (It's a B&M StarShifter, pics in the library). If you are good with tools, it shouldn't be too much of a hastle to install, The custom work involved in mine is the modification/beautification of the console (still in progress), the modification to the shifter (I had to grind out a little of the Park trigger stop with a Dremel so that it would fully engage into Park and still allow the truck to be started) and then fabricating the cable end to go on the transmission. I can send you some pics of my cable end setup on the transmission, but they're pretty low-res as I took them with my phone. Mine's actually mounted to the airduct in the console in the front, and screwed into the metal plate in the console in the rear. I may go back and reinforce the area where it's attached to the airduct since it's plastic, even though it hasn't given me any trouble yet.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: