05 Ford Sport Trac Fuel Pump

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halefury

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Fixing to change the Fuel Pump in my 2005 Ford Sport Trac but debating on Motor craft or Delphi. Nappa Sells one with a Lifetime Warranty but unsure of the quality. So I figured I'd ask the Group which Pump manufacturer do they use. Ford Dealership doesn't carry it anymore here. It all started with Fuel Driver Module going out and Truck stalling randomly. Changed the part and still getting Code P1237 after 20 cycles it went away and came back. Secondary Fuel system offline but the Truck is running fine now. But decided I might as well changed the Fuel Pump just in case that's throwing the error code. Don't want to be stranded on side of the road in Texas heat lol.

Fixing to change the Fuel Pump in my 2005 Ford Sport Trac but debating on Motor craft or Delphi. Nappa Sells one with a Lifetime Warranty but unsure of the quality. So I figured I'd ask the Group which Pump manufacturer do they use. Ford Dealership doesn't carry it anymore here. It all started with Fuel Driver Module going out and Truck stalling randomly. Changed the part and still getting Code P1237 after 20 cycles it went away and came back. Secondary Fuel system offline but the Truck is running fine now. But decided I might as well changed the Fuel Pump just in case that's throwing the error code. Don't want to be stranded on side of the road in Texas heat lol.
I got the Delphi 2 months ago, Motorcraft was not available. Trac runs great.

Went ahead and got the Delphi since it came with a better Warranty. Changed the Fuel Pump and Relay as well. It has a brand new Fuel Pump Driver Module.. I could tell real fast that the Response time is a lot faster now when you have your foot on the gas . Debating if I should reset the codes and then wait for them to show back up. Only code it's throwing is the P1237 which is secondary Fuel supply offline. I checked all the wiring at the FPDM harness and it looks dam good no frays or corrosion anywhere and the pins look fine.

Reset the codes and the P1237 came back after a short drive but Engine ran fine. New Fuel Pump, New Fuel Pump Driver Module and new Fuel pump Relay. Unless I have a bad ground somewhere that I havent' spotted yet. Didn't spot any damage to wires or Harness anywhere.

Latest posts