05 vs 04 mpg

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim parnell

Reaction score
have notice when surfing the 05 mpg is 11/16 and an 04 has 16/20 +/-, any ideas as to why there could be such a variance on this with no engine change, both being the 4.0, and 2 wd ???

I wonder where those numbers came from, because I average around 18 mpg mixed

If I remember correctly, the window sticker on mine said 17/21 I think, man I'm glad those numbers aren't accurate

If I remember correctly, my 05 was rated @ 17/21. My driving weekly is pretty constant @ 75% highway and 25% city. My MPG = ~19/20.

I'm happy with it.

Although, mostly I ride my 600 Suzuki Katana (~60mpg) or my ST 1100 (~50mpg). Gotta love them Jap bikes!!!!!

Mine 04 was rated at 16/21. Best mileage on a road trip going mostly 75mpg I got just over 21mpg. Outside of that I was averaging 16-17mpg with well over 2/3 of it being highway driving. Mind you this includes some freeway congestion and typical L.A. traffic. Lately I've been averaging about 14.5mpg due to less highway driving and more traffic. New GY Fortera tires may also be a factor but I have never isolated them to be the issue.

I do have 4.10LSD, aftermarket intake and exhaust, SCT XCal tune, stock wheels and tire size. And I'm not easy on the gas either.

Last edited by a moderator: