07 death machine

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill okie

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My truck also has the typical tranny issue where it feels like the truck is being bumped from behind when stopped.

The other day I was driving in traffic and when I came to a stop it felt like I was rear-ended. The truck stopped and then while my foot was on the brake the rpm's shot up to 4000 and my truck surged forward, It felt like I was being pushed forward by another vehicle. I put the tranny into neutral and the Rpm's dropped back down. I shut the truck off and started it back up again and it hasn't happened again..

Anyone else have this happen??

thanks for your time

Yes, it seems quite a few of us with '07's have the same issue. Lyonpride is gonna be keeping us updated on what they find with their issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to hear the new ST owners will be stuck with a pestering tranny issue as well as us first gen owners.

Im getting my mustang, but I promise it will be the last ford I ever buy.

Fortunately, the RPM surge hasn't happened to me. I'll ask that question when I pick mine up (scheduled for tomorrow). Sorry that happened to you, boc.

I was at the dealer today -- besides my problem, there is an issue with installing TripTunes on my wife's '06 Mustang GT -- her's has also been there since Monday.

Anyway, my mechatronic assembly part arrived, and my shifter assembly will be in this afternoon (I'm in the Bay Area, CA). Estimating being done today (Mustang) & tomorrow afternoon (Trac). I'll drive the Trac this weekend a lot & will publish report on Monday.

Didn't mean to highjack your post boc, but maybe this may help yours (assuming mine works out)!

XST -- nice to hear we are having a "pesky" tranny issue? Nice attitdue . . .

I would not wish this even with YOUR next vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhmm I have a tranny issue too, lol...

I was being sarcastic, and letting you know you arent the only ones pissed off wit h Ford and thier lack of automotive excellence.

I can usually pick up when someone is being sarcastic but sometimes I'm not sure, I've never used the icons but it occured to me that they are like a substitute for facial expressions and can help give context to the printed text. On the otherhand maybe some of you are just 'winkers' by nature.;)

Some were trying to write off this surging as accidentally hitting the gas instead of the brake...yeah, right.

There is a problem, and I hope Ford does something about it...lest they want another messy class-action against them; they can't really afford that right now.

Sounds like maybe the Throttle by wire is screwy... I will never fully trust it. And some cars have brake by wire now too... What happen when a wire shorts out or something???