07 Expedition in Ford website

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
07 Expedition up at Ford's website. Be sure to click on the 'photo gallery' tab and its exterior and interior directories.

Kudos to Ford on that amazing interior. Not too shabby on the new front end neither.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure they'll sell some. Not as many as when gas was cheaper though. I think one of the points missed by many in this "gas crisis" is that there are people who still need their vehicle to do things. A prius or one of the other cracker boxes is fine if all you do is commute. What if you have a larger family, or go camping, or hunting frequently with the kids and pups or have to do any hauling, towing, off roading, dirty work, etc? Then, the extra cost of gas is worth the capability offered by larger vehicles. I owned a car for awhile between trucks and found myself always needing something more. Hence my ST. There seems to me to be a marketing opportunity for Ford and the ST there. It is about as small and efficient as you can get and still offer the truck-like capabilities required of the average homeowner. As for the Expedition, I think they did a nice job with the redesign. Has a sharp look.

What Ford needs to do is bring back the Festiva and leave the Expedition alone. It can stay on the lot unsold with a redesign or not.

If Ford would build a $7,000 Festiva, they would darn near Toyota and Honda down. Gear every plant they have planned for shut down and build them 24/7. Make a few modest dollars per car and bring the company right up where they deserve to be, number 1!

Maybe Ford needs to build a new mega super SUV. 24" longer then the Excursion was. Also, it would need a new engine, an 8.1L V-12. Yea, that is what they need.

Tom

Most local dealers are practically giving away 06 Expeditions thanks to the surplus. If I was in the need for one, I could get a heck of a deal but I just got rid of a 97 Expedition and got something smaller and more fuel efficient. The Exp was a great vehicle when my kids were smaller and going on camp-outs and other stuff but they have their own vehicles now and I didn't need 2 gas guzzlers.

I agree, this isn't the time or the vehicle to put alot of focus on. Ford needs to take some hints from possibly their Mazda line, and build some smaller more fuel efficient models that people would actually be interested in. Something OTHER than the Focus. Something possibly like Toyota's Scion line. It's a small, relatively quick, fuel efficient car that is easy to mod, can come with many mod options from the factory, and I'm talking things like LED accent lighting under the footwells and in the cupholders, differant shifter knobs (granted that's small stuff), but not just the standard types of options. It's easily personalized and easy to mod. And it's still has a pretty light pricetag.

Oh, and the front end is ugly. I do like the interior though. ;)

Larry,

That is a great idea. I am just asking Ford to just come out with a cheap small car. Make it the cheapest way possible. A small 1.3l I4 with a 5 speed tranny, manual windows, manual locks, AC...and that is about it. Sell it cheap, very cheap, and they will sell as many as they can make. That is what Ford needs right now. They don't need to waste all the money on a vehicle that doesn't sell in the first place. The Focus might be a great car, but it is no competition to the smaller econobox's the others are making.

Tom

How about a US legal Ford Ka? Already selling in Europe and it gets about a million miles to the gallon (give or take few).

I like it. That's a lot better looking than the current model, I think Ford's done well here.

I see a LOT of the new Chevy Tahoe's and GMC counterparts and those thing, admitedly, look very nice. Even the huge chrome rims and the 20 inchers add to the looks. I think Ford needed a re-sculpting in order to stay in the market. Another year of the same old Expedition would've put the other foot in the grave. I think this is a very smart move from Ford. These things ARE still selling and Ford needs to stay in the game.

True. I agree, I like the new Tahoes, and even the new Avalanches. I think that's what's going to (if it hasn't already) kill Ranger sales. It's in dire need of a true redesign.

I agree with most all of the educated comments above,,,,,,,,if Ford is going to stay in the game, then they have to meet some of the other markets out there other than their truck/suv/tuv line-up. I have been a fan of the ST for some-time, but was waiting for the V8 to make my choice from the other offerings. I like that I have got the largest back seat/legroom in the class, as well as the most ST for the weight of the vehicle. And towing capabilities for the HP really impressed me, so I got the most bang for the buck, in my book,,,,,,,,,,,,,even in CA!! Thanks for all the posts, opinions, etc,,,,,,,,,Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! It's nice!

Is it a mistake, or is Ford only offering the 5.4L in the X-p's?

But, I see a lot of new Tahoes and Yukons on the road, so gas hasn't caused a HUGE problem yet. People will still drive their big 'ol trucks.

Goodpoint about the new Tahoes and Yukons being sold out there even with expensive gas prices. I've seen quite a few of them already out here in SoCal.

As for gas efficient mini-cars, Ford would really have to come out with something really "neat" to turn heads away from what the imports have. Same thing goes for a redesigned Ranger. There's plenty of good competition in this segment, and unless you're an import hater or Ford fanatic, why would you get a Ranger over a Frontier, Taco, Canyon, or Colorado?

I'd consider a Ranger it if it looked really cool (like that 4-door version) and had a diesel getting close to 30mpg. Competition is a great thing. Ford, like the others, has to continue to develop innovative products.

I wonder how a 4-door Ranger would affect sales of the Sport Trac (visa-versa)? How has the Avalanche faired amongst 4-door Sierras and Silverados? Actually I guess the Avalanche still does well as I see plenty of them, while I've only seen a handful of 4-door Silverados.