'07 factory radio shape

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A1cntrler

Reaction score
Anyone with an '07 take out the factory radio yet?? Just want to make sure it isn't shaped like this Ford radio.... This radio said it was out of an F150

(Ebay photo) Just making sure the shape was not like that because of something structural behind the radio....

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the standard radio?

Can you measure the size of the opening?

I want to put in the AVIC-Z1 when I get my '07.

The 6CD/MP3 radio in the '07 ST, which is what I have, is not that small. It's probably double that height. I guess this is the non-CD radio.

The AVIC-Z1 will fit in the '07 ST. I ordered one through my local auto-sound guy yesterday. I'm hoping to have it installed by the Louisville meet.

Information, as requested:

The faceplate on factory 6 disk MP3 head unit is 7.5" x 4.75".

Behind the faceplate, the chassis is 7" wide and 4.5" high.

The mounts which bolt to the dash on the side of the unit are 1.25" behind the face and 6.25" from the back of the unit, making the radio exactly 7.5" deep from the face to the back.

The Z1 is 7" x 4" x 6.5", smaller than the factory unit, so it should fit with a faceplate adapter that should bolt onto the dash.

Thanks Pat.

What kind of deal did you get on the Z1 from your local guy?

I have found it on the net ranging at best from $1468 to $1479 and the highest is crutchfield at $2250.

Are you getting any of the accessories? I am thinking about the Bluetooth adapter, Ipod adapter and possible the Sirius radio adapter.

I will probably install it myself, but I will get a price from a local guy first.

Crutchfield is a great resource---to do your research at. You will always find cheaper prices elsewhere. Crutchfield says that it will not fit into an '07 because there is no install kit for it yet. Teh F150 Double Din kit may work though. My list of things to get with my Z1 include the BlueTooth, the reverse camera, and the XM/NavTraffic Tuner. All together when purchased at Crutchfield: 2800 bucks, plus shipping plus tax (I live in VA) I assembled the same package elsewhere for 2100 bucks, free shipping and no tax. Just shop around!

I have bought 4 seperate Pioneer radios from them includung my AVIC N1 that I had last. Always quick shipping, and never had a problem with them. Pioneer even recognized them as a dealer and allowed me to get warranty work on my AVIC when it needed it. I have read of them not allowing repairs when purchased from unauthorized retailers.

They are located in New York....

$1579 they have the AVIC-Z1. They are in Brooklyn, I'm in Queens - not too bad.

<A HREF="http://www.wisetronics.com/product-p/pioavicz1.htm&click=15840">This place has it for $1475, also in Brooklyn.</A>

<A HREF="http://www.fotoconnection.com/viewitem.php?IndexID=40514&RefTag=froogle">Another place in Brooklyn: $1468</A>">

To Pat Freeman: I have the 07ST w/6CD/MP3 and I want to add satellite radio. Can you tell me about the back connections and suggest the correct harness adapter to use? I haven't taken mine out yet becuase I'm not sure of how to remove the trim around the radio. It seems to come off easily at the top but stops short of coming off at the bottom. Any suggestions, or photos of the back of the radio to show the connections? All help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I noticed that Ford now has a supplimental download on there website for the new navigational system. It is made by Pioneer but obvious by the pic that it isn't any models from the Pioneer site. Has anyone found any info from dealers on the cost of that sys??

Nav System is code 58Q Invoice is $2129, Retail is $2505. It includes the Audiophile option.

PDBL is code 617 Invoice is $208, Retail is $245.

Satellite Rcvr code 85B Invoice is $166, Retail is $195.

I got it for $2250 but that includes installation. I could have saved a ton of money but I didn't want to go through the hassle of doing it myself. I always did my own work and I'm tired of it. Now, the money is worth the time, if you know what I mean. I ordered it with XMNavTraffic, rear camera and IPOD adapter (which is backordered). Everything but the IPOD adapter will be installed Wednesday and I leave Thursday for the meet, so I'll be sure to get an idea of how it is working on the trip out and back. I've been to a site, possibly avic411.com, where people said that the BlueTooth adapter worked, but the audio quality sucked for those on the other end. I'll stick to my BlueTooth headset that I have now and keep the phone stuff out of the radio. Skip - you have mail.

FYI - the AVIC-Z1 will not allow you to modify GPS destination information via the screen unless the car is stopped. There is a hack for this. The dimmer signal (illumination line when the headlights are turned on) needs to be flashed at a certain time during radio boot-up. I've included a link to the device that will do this for you if you get it...

So Pat, did you get the factory 58Q and have them install, or AVIC-Z1 ? I hope to see that setup next Saturday....after I see it, I will probably go straight out and buy one, lol. Thanks

Pat, do you (or anyone else) know if it's possible to connect the AVIC-Z1 where you are atill able to use the factory steering wheel mounted controls on the '07 ST?

Lil Red, yes. The PAC SWI-PS will do the trick. It's connected into the vehicle wiring and the stereo plug fits into the back of the AVIC-Z1 in order to control it remotely. I don't how the wiring connections are made, however.

Alot of good info here. I cant wait to get my '07 and the AVIC-Z1.