07 Heated Windshield initial quality

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Barrand

Reaction score
It seems that if the heated windsheild is NOT ordered, a plug is installed in the main wiring harness. If a heated windshield is installed the plug from the windsheild is plugged into this connector.:wacko:

Mine came with the heated windshield with the wiring harness plugged and the connector for the windshield hanging loose under the hood!! :unsure:

It took over an hour of searching for the problem and I asked the mechanic to look at a demonstrator Sport Trac to see where the connector was plugged in.:huh:

I have not been able to check if it works as there was no frost on the windsheild this AM.

Leisha,,,

This is a common thing now a days...

MY moms brand new Hyundai sonata's A/C wasn't working.... I looked and the wire was left off the compressor still held on to the engine with the assembly shipping tape...

Some one forgot to clip it on...

Todd Z

Rodger, I couldn't agree more.

That was Henry Ford's idea of a dealership. They were supposed to be a secondary QA/QC for the factory. Whatever could get missed that does and QA/QC missed it also, it was up to the dealer to do the final QA/QC to charge it to the factory.

Don't blame Ford, blame the dealer.

Tom

It's a fact that humans will not produce 100% quality. We forget things and do things wrong sometimes no matter how good we are. When you complain about the quality of what you buy, ask yourself how many mistakes you've made in your life; then, take care of the problem and move on.

Good point Bill-E, while i'm sure it's disappointing to find mishaps and imperfections, the reality of it is that "It's going to happen." It's not like the person that should have connected the windshield lead did it on purpose. How many times have things gotten by us that we should have caught even though it might not have been our job or responsibility. Poor Quality is one thing, but a mistake is something else. There is no excuse for some of the sub par Quality issues that we see in our vehicles, but there is a reason that minor mistakes happen, it's because humans are not perfect. In this situation I say charge it to someone's oversight, after all this is the 1st time that we've heard of this mishap. If we see a pattern of this happening, then we have a problem.....

Just my .02.

A friend called me one day and asked me to look at a problem with his car. I went over and found he had a brand new BMW with 60 miles on it and the AC blower would not run unless the ign key was turned off. The dealer was closed and about 30 miles away so he told me to make it work. He opened the trunk and there was a set of new tools and several repair manuals. I found a wire in one of the harnesses and cut into it, spliced a blower wire into it and he was thrilled. He could play with his sport car all weekend. The dealer replaced the wire harness at no charge and said he would have done the same thing.

I found a wire in one of the harnesses and cut into it, spliced a blower wire into it and he was thrilled. He could play with his sport car all weekend. The dealer replaced the wire harness at no charge and said he would have done the same thing.

Ford would've voided the warranty.

Latest posts