'07 Job 2 V-8 Owner Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Corning

Reaction score
Prior to receiving my Job 2 ST with the V-8, I saw a number of comments on the throttle response lag experienced by V-8 owners. There also were comments saying that this "issue" was going to be addressed. Having had my V-8 ST for only a week, I have to say I haven't noticed any lag. When I push the go pedal, it goes! Granted, with less than 500 miles I haven't exactly been drining it hard, but regardless, the pedal response seems pretty good to me. It's not a rocketship, but it isn't supposed to be. (My previous vehicle was a '04 Pontiac GP GTP with a supercharged engine, so the ST does seem a little sedate.) I was just wondering if other Job 2 V-8 owners had noticed the lag, or did Ford really "fix" the problem?

I have had my Job 2 ST with V-8 for exactly a week with 450 miles on it and it seems to respond well. It actually responds better than my Vette did before I had the PCM performance tuned. From what I have seen this far, I would say that the issue seems to be resolved.

Great engine response with my Job 2 ST V8. I think Ford played with the transmission gearing just a wee bit because I don't have any lag time at all. I was going to get an Xcal2 right away but now I'm not in a big hurry because I really only need it to get a good towing tune.

I just had my Job1 '07 PCM flashed last Friday morning with TSB 06-13-01.

Major improvement in tranny shifting and overall driveability! I'm really happy with the change.

Mark

Latest posts