07 owners, tell me why i should get a TB from zabtech

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
as stated, i am very interested in a modified TB for my 07 V-8. for those of you who have one, please give me your thoughts. also how much of a difference you rec'd in performance .

no zabtech input please :lol:

thanks

throttle response, improved mpg, more power.... nothing really worth spending money on. :p

***seriously it's probably one of the best mods i have done to mine (03 trac). also go rid of that nasty little whistle my K&N gave me.

All BS aside, it's definitely a modification that you want to do to your 07 V-8. I have seen increased gas mileage, increased throttle response, better tranny response and increased HP (although I have not done any "official" dyno testing) but trust me you will feel it. If you do a search on "07 TB mod" you will see many of my(Lil Red) past comments inseveral previous threads about this subject.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

It's a modified Throttle Body bored out slightly bigger than stock. I get 1-2 mpg better now and have not had any of the throttle response "delay" that the stock TB had. All in all, a great investment.

jfire

I'm a wuss. I don't know much about what goes on under the hood, and it being new, I really don't want to mess with it right now. (This is my very first brand new vehicle.)

I am getting 16 mpg right now. I have 4,300 miles on it. Does that sound good? bad? average?

This is a good post, one of the members, Pat Freeman, did some informal speed trials. I have one of Todd's TBs on my 07, I bought on faith based on feedback from other members, I am happy with it.

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=995804&REPLYCOUNT=6&sitename=mysporttrac

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanda, when you say that you are getting 16MPG, is that all city driving, or a mixture of city and highway? If that 16 MPG is a mixture of city/highway then that is about rite. I get about 21.5 MPG on the highway, and ~15-16 MPG city driving but I have the modified TB (Throttle Body) which is what Gary is inquiring about at the top of this thread..

thanks everyone, i guess todd payed you guys off to say only positives :lol:

well it looks like i am going for it , but wait i said no mods for my 07 :unsure:

another question for the magnaflow, how intrusive is it in the cabin. if it was like my 04 i will probably stay away from that mod.

thanks again

The Magnaflow has a great sound that is totally UNINTRUSIVE inside the vehicle. You know you have a different, more free flowing exhaust system, but you won't even hear it on the highway.... unless you floor it!!;)

jason, thanks for your firsthand input on the exhaust. since i got into my 07 i was very impressed with the difference from my 04 & 02. the 07 has a more car like ride and i wasn't going to do any mods. my 04 had the magnaflow as well as a k&n fipk and for way i had it set up it worked for me. i thought if i went with the magnaflow on my 07 i would get away from the quiet, comfy ride. but the "bug" has hit and i am very curious about the interior noise as we do alot of long distance driving and over time i thought the exhaust might start wearing on us. i really appreciate your input and if you think it's not much of a difference i really am going to consider it as i love the sound clip that was posted.

I can honestly say that the sound of the Magnaflow exhaust on my 07 is perfect. Not noticeable on the highway crusing at any speed. Great sound when you hit the throttle, but not a pitch that hurts your ears.....just a great V8 rumble!