07 Sport Trac 4.6 Exhaust Resonator / Muffler?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Re

Reaction score
Can someone tell me which part or the exhaust is the resonator the round one or the flat ribbed one? Some resonators look like mufflers so I am not sure.

Resonator is round with no part number. Muffler #3 is flat with ribs.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case you're curious what's inside. Appears to be a hollow can with perforated baffles. This came off my "ricey" 4.0L SOHC. Replaced muffler with a Dynomax SuperTurbo, removed

resonator, and ran straight back under the bumper. Surprisingly, note got slightly deeper, louder, with little added drone. Of course, your V8 will sound COMPLETELY different. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a hole in the muffler where the hanger is attached to it I had that replaced thinking that was the resonator and the shop replaced the muffler with another resonator. Was wondering why it was so loud after words i have 2 resonators no muffler lol. Can you recommend a good muffler to put on behind the stock resonator. I actually like it kinda quiet like stock system.

If you want stock sound, the Walker SS Premium Quiet Flow would probably be a good choice. Cheap too.

probably a little late, but I have the stock muffler and designator off of my v8 2007 is be willing to give you. it was taken off at 88,000 ish miles (I welded in a cherry bomb) contact me at [email protected] if youre still interested

The resonator is the rearmost muffler. You can have a shop remove it and bend a piece of pipe. Cat-back kits do not have a resonator.