07+ Sport Trac HVAC Intake

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A K

Reaction score
Does anyone have a diagram of the 07+ HVAC intake system? Or, can you describe the intake ports? I know the fellas at Louisville '07 told me that they redesigned the system, but can you tell me how? Where does the air enter? Is it covered?

I've been given a stern warning from madre that for pop's new ST, "if a mouse gets into the system, I'm pushing the thing off a cliff."*

* My old '96 had one mouse get into the system, and the ST had it occur twice. After the second time, the dealer clamped wire screen over the intake in the fender.

Looking at the catalog, I can't really tell how they've got it set up. they only show the system from the passenger compartment side. The cowl screen DOES look like the holes are smaller than my 2005, though. I'll have to see if I can look at a 2008 on the lot when I go to lunch in a bit.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK! We can't keep Sport Tracs in stock! I did, however, look at the Explorer, which has the same front end on it, and from what I could see, they did close up the cowl grille on the top a bit more. Couldn't look under the hood because it was locked.

Roger:

I really, really appreciate it. I recall the Ford engineers mentioning the cowl intake, but I wanted to ensure that they no longer suck from the fender. :) Just today, in talking with my mom about them, I told her that I only found a few used '08s (sub 5000 miles) for sale within about 150 miles. She asked if they were selling them because of the mouse. Pisser. :D

Kevin:

Twice, with my '04, I had a mouse enter through the fender inlet, proceed to the blower ducts, and build a nest. The second time, I turned the blower on, and--not realizing Mickey was home--helped him meet his untimely demise. After the second time, I asked the dealer to seal off the fender inlet. They applied a very small pore screen/wire gauze over the tube and clamped it on. It was a pricey fix, considering they replaced many components rather than cleaning them (per my permission). Insurance covered it, but I--and madre--simply does not want my dad to have to go through the same thing.

Latest posts