07' ST CHROMEOPHOBIA?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARVIN McINTYRE 2

Reaction score
Been looking at the 07' ST rather critically of late, and thought that I would open up a can of worms. MOST of us have had an aversion to the chromed front fascia.Having said that, have you all really looked at the 07' from all angles? IMO, I have tried to like it as much as the 01' I bought in 2001. (I still have it- less than a year from paying it off - 60 mo RCL). I DO LIKE IT. After all, it is much improved inside and out. Floor to ceiling, front to back, side to side, and underneath as well. It has grown on me as much as the original one. It is visiballly a clean look, not as aggressive as our first gen body style, but a good looker no less! The interior is neatly appointed despite not having an array of choices (tan or grey interior). And looking at it another way, look at the stickers on a well appointed Explorer EB and then price an ST Limited with all the bells and whistles and then think about utility and usefulness, and you come out with something factual; It's pricey, but PROBABLY more practical. I know that Ford did not give us ALL that we wanted or desired, but overall it does spell improvement over the previous generation of the ST. I WILL KEEP MY 01, NO DOUBT, but will give the 07' a chance to be successful because it is still a very unique vehicle amongst a lot of imitators. Just my OPINION folks, what's yours? ;):wub::cool::)

My problem with it is that you can't drop and level it without alot of work. BUT- I thought later on about getting someone to photoshop a side picture, (Maybe the side picture of BT's Ghosty) to show a drop up front as if the torsion bolts were removed, but stock height at the back to give it the Lightning stance. As for the body lines, and the grille, I like it...Alot. I could paint the grille to match the body color. I think that would look good. I've already seen it done on one of the 06 Explorers. Once the dropping backlite is added, it will be one heck of a truck. I see alot of potential in the 4.6L 3 valve and the 6 speed. I've been seriously debating selling Jade to my dad and taking the new car payment. It wouldn't be for a while, but I could use a new project, and less miles. I don't know yet though...

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take it over the ridgeline..:lol: I like my '04 for many years to come, but there is a chance I would buy the '08 if I was in the market...

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry, could always get some FAT tires for the rear, would give it a rake and fill the wheel well in the back.

I think if they took the chrome front where it goes into the bumper and removed just that, keep the chrome around the grill, then i would think that would be acceptable to me...

Todd Z

I just can't seem to like it.. I actualy saw one the other day at the dealership I drive by on the way to the base... I stopped at the light and was looking at it.. It just doesn't have the same look that the 01~05' has. (No pun intended..) It's just not that... "Rugged" look that I bought the ST for...

Just my input..

~Josh

Well, guys, since Ghosty was mentioned (thankyouverymuch Mr. Phillips), I thought I'd chime in. I've driven Ghosty 2800 miles right now, and it is by far my most favorite vehicle of all time, and this includes my '72 Mach that I bought (see Library) when I was 19....Ghosty's V8 coupled with the 6 speed gives this truck a complete new dimension. 1st gear is so, so low, it shifts to 2nd around 5mph under normal accel. Normal accelerating gets me in high gear OD before 40 mph!!!! On the way home to Houston from Georgia last week, you should have seen me hitting passing gear-this thing just keeps on downshifting the further you put your foot down. I have not wound it past 5000, but I will this week, and I can tell you this-IT WILL!!! But I digress...I agree with mrmarvin. I had a 2001 job1. Great truck, radical design, youthful looks. The '07 is more conservative, as I have become,:rolleyes: and, maybe even less truck-riding due to the ind. sus. all round. But I can tell by the way Ghosty drives, it it still a truck. OK, shuddup BT.

Latest posts