07 Techie Question about CD player

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris G

Reaction score
I've got a toughie question I am hoping can be answered. I am looking for more information on the Audiophile 6 disc system in the 07 ST. I noticed it can play MP3's, does anyone know if it will play Microsoft's WMA format. I use Windows Media Player so ALL my cd's are in the WMA format. I am really hoping for a yes here!

Thanks guys and gals.

-Chris

PS: I test drove a V6 (thats all we have in Oregon right now) yesterday, fell in love with it! [Will be getting the V8 though] It drives so much smoother than the '99 Taurus and '98 Expedition I am familiar with. Can't wait till JUNE!

Why don't you just take a CD to the dealership and test it? I am sure the salesman won't mind. Then you will have a new bit of information to share with the group.

We all need Pioneers to blaze the trail into the new ST world. Anyone here would likely be guessing, since almost none of us own the new version. :D

My '06 Ford had a Visteon OEM Single CD/MP3 player. It definitely did not play WMA files.

In fact, it barely played MP3s. It would skip and blank out constantly on CD-RW @ 128 kbps. Never tried any other conditions or disc types.

I switched to a Pioneer deck and the same MP3 disks played fine plus it had WMA capabilty. Hopefully, the audiophile deck is better.

Isn't there late availability on a deck with a front aux input? Maybe that will play multiple formats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts