'07 Trac in Car & Driver

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to buy an issue. I used to have a subscription, but got tired of the repeated articles about the Hondas and other imports that I have no interest in.

My issue came in today.

C&D slammed our old-style STs for being out-dated, gave the new ST a few props for better handling, and then finished to state that unless you need the extra towing capacity of the new ST, the Ridgeline is a better vehicle. They only have a short, one-page review and used the stock publicity photos from Ford. I'm not even sure they actually drove a ST before writing the review.

They never even mentioned the improved safety features that Ford is making a big deal about.

Definetly not much praise for the new ST from C&D. Comparisons were a big part in this article. They compare it specifically to the Ridgeline saying that the interior room was cramped compared to the RL. The 7.5 second 0-60 time would be in second place from the June 2005 four door pickup test. The towing capacity was also second behind the Dodge Dakota. The final line: "Unless you really need the extra towing capacity, we would still recommend the comparo-winning and dynamically more satisfying Ridgeline."

Car and Driver has always had a lean towards Honda. I rarely consider C&D when I look for vehicle information. The real deal is found on a web site like this.

Take it with a grain of salt.