'07 Trac is scaring me - lumbar broke.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
My Track is really trying to nickel and dime me to death lately. It's been in the shop at least 5 times in the last 3 months for all sorts of silly, but expensive stuff. Just got it back on Friday from the dealer to repair a trim piece that kept coming loose. Was driving it home and noticed the lumbar felt funny, so I went to change it and "Pop"- it broke and the adjustment doesn't do anything.

Guess I need to take it in- there is about 80 miles left on the warranty. I feel almost guilty for bothering my dealer's service department, but then again I feel like a $35,000 vehicle ought to be fixed if it isn't right and that is what the warranty is for.

Funny thing- I've not had any of the transmission issues that other V8 trac owners have experienced. The engine and transmission are nearly flawless in their operation, although I do get a minor "bump" downshift once in a while when coming to a stop, but nothing that I could complain about or repeat for the dealer. My dealer has been awesome in fixing things or trying to fix them the best he can.

Here's what I've experienced the best I can remember in my 2.5 years and 35,920 miles, most all covered under warranty except tires and alignment and balance:

Wheel alignment and tire balance. Was out since day one- well worth it, even though I had to pay for it. Stopped pulling and vibration.

OEM Michelins shot at 22k.

Air conditioner recharge and leak check (no leak found, but help it a bunch).

Intermittant loud sqealing from rear wheels. Numerous times back to clean, lube, check, pray over, etc.

Both rear calipers and dics replaced due to seizing (separate incidents).

leaking front pinion seal

Leaking rear differential seal

Replace broken tailgate trim

Replace stereo head unit -cd player jammed

Parking brake release lever snapped off

wind noise/leaks at doors (a couple of times)

Headlight switch replaced three times (burned out dash bulb)

Airbag light came on (replaced something electronic)

Replaced instrument cluster - trip/reset switch broken

Repair loose seat side trim

Replace brake pedal rubber pad worn all the way through

My OEM floor mats are frayed real bad on the driver's side, but I can't ask dealer to replace this under warranty?

Air cylinder on rear storage door has never lifted door- should it?

sounds like it was built the day before/after a holiday or on friday the 13th. I'm the 2nd owner of my 07, 40K now, had the radiator replaced under warranty, the orignal owner got all the bugs out of mine apparently

Oh man, seems like you have had bad karma with your trac. Perhaps, you could speak to her in a soft , passive voice.....Only then will she forgive your neglect! Just kidding, that seems like a lot of headaches.

If I were you, since you have such a great relationship with your dealer, ask them to perform a rigorous inspection of your vehicle since its almost out of warranty.

Better yet, an extended warranty seems like a good idea in your case.

My lumbar literally popped on me, too. Dealer ordered, and replaced, under warranty.

I wouldn't feel giulty. Like you said, you spend this much $$$, you want it ALL working right.

My lumbar broke in the 1st 6 months. Fixed under warranty with no other problems. I have the extended warranty till 75,000 miles so I'm covered. I got it only for major repairs until the truck is paid for but little stuff should also be covered. So far, I'm pretty happy with mine except for the payment...LOL!

'07 ST:)

that is alot of issues for less 2.5 years.

imo, other then the tranny issue, crappy plastic "chrome wheels", fogs burning out premature, my 07 was not bad at all

Latest posts