07 trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark little

Reaction score
I just got off a short army tour and I got on the site and looked at the 07 trac. Its a nice looking trac, but its missing the ruggedness of my 04 trac. No tow hooks and it does not appear to be off road capable. I enjoy off-roading, camping, towing my boat, etc... Is the 07 going to have options for more capability?

were you looking at the basic ST like on the home page or the ST adrenalin. Cause the basic ST should be as capable if not more capable of offroading, camping or towing your boat than the current ST's can. And I bet once released if you really like offroading there will be far more aftermarket lift kits etc. I wouldnt worry too much about it. I definetly dont like tha fact the tow hooks appear to be gone though. Mind you i cant use mine anymore now that i have a body lift on.

Dallas

The tow hooks sadly are gone. There was no good place to put them according to Ford. As for lift kits and such, be careful what you say, it has an independant rear suspension with the half shafts going THROUGH the frame which will most likely limit how much you're going to be able to go up or down. I'd check out EE's 3rd gen Explorer page to see what's available right now for the current Explorer. The new Trac will be exclusively based on that basic suspension design. (but mostly based on the '06 Explorer, though)