07 Transmission TSB

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Hay

Reaction score
Well I finally took the ST to the dealer & they reset the computer for the irregular shift from 2nd to 1st. So Far So Good.It seems to sift smoother . Time will tell, then so will I:rolleyes:

TSB# (Technical Service Bulletin) 0613-01. They have revised the PCM programming for the 6 speed auto transmisson on the 4.6L Sport Tracs. They'll upgrade your PCM program. This was from a search. Maybe this will help._Ron

I just had mine adjusted yesterday (2nd time). So far, so good. I do get a very, very slight 'kick' just at stopping, and no problems taking off at a stop. Perhaps after the computer 'learns' my driving habits, the kick will correct itself.

3 Days in & still shifting good:D The idle drops much faster on the cold starts too.Hope all who have the same issue can get some satisfaction. Take care to all,

Don

I have been through this BS with the radical downshift into first gear upon a slow rolling stop. Been to the Dealer twice and talked to the Service Manager a number of times. Also a discussion with Ford, but the person knew less than nothing. The story I am getting is that this transmission is a new design, not the old accumulator type transmission. They claim it is a much improved and beefier unit that will last longer. The shift characteristics are harsh initially until the computer learns the correct adjustments. Also needs a break in period. Ford claims the shift performance is acceptable given the design improvements. My bitch is the fact that they don't tell you about the tranny until after you buy the car and then have to deal with service department to get answers. I now have 1700 miles and the tranny is getting better. The only service that can be done is make sure you have the newest computer codes flashed into the unit. Mine came from the factory with the latest codes, so basically all they could do was re-flash the same codes. My truck was delivered early February 2007. Think Ford is in for a surprise, as there are many complaints about this transmission's initial performance. I have started a complete and detailed log of all the discussions I have had with the Dealership and Ford on this problem. I hope I will not need it in the future, but I am skeptical about this tranny.

I have 27000 on my '07. In the winter time, I feel the 2 to 1 downshift when I brake with little pressure. When I push the brake pedal harder, I don't feel it. Summer time, I can't feel it as much. But, it's still there after 27000 miles!

My dad is taking his in for an oil change on Wednesday and I asked him to mention the TSB number to see if he can get his PCM flashed. I'll report back with what I hear.

Pat, you asked if the TSB was new......Ford published the TSB June 15, 2006 so it's been out for a while. The TSB specificly references 2006 Explorer/Mountaineer and 2007 Sport Tracs built on or before 5/4/2006.