'07-up Limited-Slip

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
I saw this on the other board. Dude swapped a 4.30 gearset into his Adrenalin. Apparently an '04 Explorer limited-slip will work in the Sport Trac rear.

If this has been posted here before, sorry. Linky-linky-----V

Only thing stopping me from 4.10's so far was I thought it was sgoing to kill my MPG!!! I guess not!

YOu can use the SCT To recalibrte teh speedo....no need to pay FORD to do it with a hypertech!

Only thing stopping me from 4.10's so far was I thought it was going to kill my MPG!!!

I also thought that too but I did a 4.10 Gear swap in my 03 Marauder and it made a huge diffrence. the thing is if I do this ,I would have to also change the front diffrential gears and that just might be costly all around...

Last edited by a moderator:
Adrian Drenalin said:
I would have to also change the front diffrential gears and that just might be costly all around...

Yeah.....another reason I went with a RWD instead od AWD. That and it is a PITA to find an AWD Dyno......plus it was ford's first year of the system. I was a little worried there!

I did find the LSD cheaper ($300) along with the gears I want (4.10:1) for $150.....I need to get the SCT anyways. So this mod may be right in line with my mod plans:

1. SCT X3 Tuner

2. Zabteck TB

3. LSD/4.10 driveline

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not spend much time at 120mph anyways! haha:D

The speed limit is only 75 where I live and I do not see my STA ever going over 100mph in the 1/4 mile.....so I think lowering my top speed would be fine. :rolleyes:

Latest posts