'07 V6 Owners, I need help, please!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Costin

Reaction score
I've posted on here previously about the transmission problems I am having with my '07 V6 4x2 ST.

Here is a brief history of problem. When my ST sits for a little while and I get in it to drive off, the truck will studder or lunge a little bit. Mainly at low speeds for just a couple of seconds, like when I am slowly driving through the parking lot at work. I've had it in the shop 3 or 4 times now...it has 19,000 miles on it. They have reset the computer each time, which it seemed to help the first time, but then started doing it again. Once they said the solenoid was bad and they replaced it. The last time I had it in I took the tech for a test drive...again! He told me that there is really nothing they can do about it! He said when I am in that 10-15 mile an hour range the transmission is slipping in and out of 1st and 2nd trying to figure out what I am going to do. It is fine after a few seconds and doesn't do it again until after it has sat a few minutes. Now, between my wife and I, we have owned since 1994 (all new) a Ranger, a Honda Civic, a Jeep Cherokee, and a Toyota Sienna and none have done what the ST is doing. The tech said that the problem has to do with the adaptive learning and they can't do any more about it.

I am asking for your help on a couple of things:

1. Does anyone else have this problem? It is annoying and once it almost lunged past a stop sign at the corner of our parking lot!

2. I am thinking of using the South Carolina lemon law...have any others used lemon laws?

I appreciate any help

That is a very different problem than what the V6 5spd auto has. I would take it to another dealer. There is deffinitly something wrong. A different tech might have more experiance.

Latest posts