'07 V6 Tranny and Lemon Law Help, Please!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Costin

Reaction score
I posted on here a few months back about my ongoing problem with my '07 V6 4x2 ST...after the vehicle has been sitting when I get in it to drive it wants to bump at low speeds. It does it in parking lots and other places where you go real slow and brake at around that 10-15 mph range. Sometimes it does it worse than others. After a minute it is fine until it sits again for a while. My ST now has 21,000 miles on it and it has been in about 4 or 5 times. A couple of times they reset the computer and the last time they said there is nothing they can do since the computer is merely trying to figure out if I am going in 1st or 2nd. My problem is that it finally became a safety concern a while back when I pulled out of space at work and approached the stop sign slowly, it bumped real hard a couple of times and almost went into oncoming traffic!

Anyhow, no one else seems to have this problem with the V6's and since I am tired of the problem, I was thinking of using South Carolina's lemon law. Has anyone else ever used a lemon law before. Any advice would be helpful.

thanks

I believe Rich Lunder did that... Or Fast Eddie, I am drawing a blank..

Find out how many times you brought it in, Find out what is required by the Law for you to do and follow the steps...

Make them fix it right... Find a lawyer that handels this stuff by you and ask to talk to them... some times that is free....

Todd Z

I've had it in around 5 times to look at, twice they reset the computer. SC law says three times, and the first must be within the first 12,000 miles. I am just curious if anyone has done it and successfully? I just want my money back! My last vehicle was a Ranger with the 4.0 V6 in it that I bought new in 1994, I gave it to my dad when I bought the ST last year and it still runs better than my Trac and it has 200k+ miles. I'm buying a new vehicle and don't want a refurbished one, I really just want my money back or a new one, which is what the law states. I love the vehicle, but every time I get in it, the first few seconds are so annoying, if not dangerous.