07 V8 Owners Performance exhaust question !!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Re post, We only got 2 answers the first time....

Thank you

Todd Z

I am considering having Random tech make me ( exclusive to Zabteck) a high flow cat and y-pipe section for the 07 V8...

IT is all 1 piece on the 07. There are 4 cats and this pipe would eliminate 2 of them with high flow cats and possibly larger pipe.

This would be a big piece since it is all 1 piece.

The good thing is that it will also fit the Mountaineer and Explorer as well...

Random tech feels the pipe may run (High side) around $600.00 - 700.00 shipped.

The 01-05 combo is around $710 shipped so it is fairly close in cost.

Please let me know your interest !!!

We also may make complete exhaust also !!!!

Thank you

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the life expectancy of the stock system? I would be interested in an upgrade when the original parts have just about had it. So I guess in the short term I'd count as a no.

Todd, unless there is a significant amount of increased HP/torque from this, then I probably would not be interested.

Geoff, I would say that you should expect at least 60K miles out of the stock system. Depending on what part of the country you live, you can easily get 100K+.

The new stuff would be stainless steel Like all of Random techs stuff....

The thing is this is going to cos a nice chunk to have the first kit made, So i don't want to chump it out if no one is going to buy it...

As far as the dyno goes, I ask and ask for people to dyno my stuff, and NO one ever comes through, I get emails of people telling me they will do it, and when push comes to shove it never gets done..

ALSO people want me to send it to them for free, and then they will dyno, I got burned 1 time by that, Never again !!!!!

Here in N Y there are no 4WD dynos and NO 2WD trucks !!!! Sucks...

We will see, If I think there is enough sales on other forums I may consider it...

Todd Z

blksn8k,

This would help the Magnaflow system, since it's a cat-back. This is a replacement for the y-pipe and the cats, which would give you a FULL exhaust (minus headers) instead of a cat-back only exhaust. Also, if your Magnaflow was a bolt on, this should bolt up to it as well, no welding needed. Since you already have exhaust, you'd see more benefit than someone with a stock exhaust, and the exhaust should sound better.

So how much for a complete system for the '07 V8? I would be interested if it wasn't incredibly expensive. I'd love to have a quality system that would improve the performance and sound of my V8 trac.

Would this be true dual exhaust all the way out the back? Crossover pipe?

Local shops can put duals on my truck, but they use crappy pipe and do poor-quality work that rusts away/rattles/and looks like hell.

I would be interested in it after you produce the full CAI/MAF/Throttle Body kit. :)

I'm going to hold off on the TB and any more exhaust work until I can do CAI/MAF.