07 V8 Tanny - I finally did it!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Lavoie

Reaction score
Well, I finally did the Dingo 6 speed tranny fix. Last night I disconnected the battery cables, touched them together and lat it sit for 1/2 hour. Reconnected everything and now I'm driving it like I stole it. I'm going to Key West tonight for the weekend so I have a few gas tanks ahead of me for the tranny to re-learn.

I'll let you know the results when I return next week.

Just to follow up a little -

So far, the only thing I noticed is the idle is a little faster and takes a few seconds for it to settle down - like it did when I changed to Todd's TB.

The "Drive it like you stole it" process is GREAT :D but the gas mileage sucks :angry: - getting around 11mpg - I was getting 16 - 17 when I drove like an old lady - um - I mean old MAN ;). Oh well, if that's the price I have to pay to resolve it, 3 tanks of gas, at $4 plus per gallon = $180 - $200 - it's worth it...I'll just have to wait and see.

Hey Dingo - what ever happened to my Trail seal? :unsure:

I only have 900 miles on my truck. about 300 on the Dingo fix. So far so good. I have a 10 hours of driving ahead of me this weekend so I'm hoping to get some good mileage under it.

Won't it eventually learn the old way of driving and revert to the original problems if you don't keep driving it like you stole it from now on?

I've been driving mine for almost a week now after doin the 'fix'. I don't drive like a maniac, but my trans is still shifting smooth and I don't have any of the issues I was having before.

I'm getting about 15 mpg's around town and about 24mpg's on the freeway. I plan on continuing to drive the way I am right now for another week, then will cut back to see if the trans starts acting up again.

DF,

You're getting 24mpg highway from a V8 ST?:huh: Wow! I can't get near that with my V6 STA, even when I drive like an "old lady". Have you done anything else to improve your mpg?

No mods on my truck, but remember, I live in Texas.....so the roads are flat, no hills :)

Plus, when I do get out of the freeway, there usually is no traffic so I put the cc on and drive aprox 65-70 mph.

One time though, while driving down in the Dallas area and got into some stop n go traffic, I was getting around 21 mpg's. If I 'get on it' in the city, I get about 12-13 mpgs.

So, really depending on how I drive on the freeway, I get between 20-24.....24 is the high end if I take it really easy on the foot and keep the windows closed and use the cc.

Other than that, I keep my truck 'squeeky clean' :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts