07 V8 TOWING LIVING QTRS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Ewing

Reaction score
Would like to know if any other 07 tracs are pulling motorcycle trailer with living quarters.

I want to find trailer to pull which will handle my old time photo booths (not motorcycles)

I like that they have ramp in back - to allow my photobooth to be pulled up inside trailer.

The living quarters allow me to also travel distances with photobooth and sleep at the site of the event (wedding, parties & corporate events)

Down to Wells Cargo - 8ft wide x 18 ft long OR Cont. Cargo - 7ft x 20 ft long

Does anyone else pull one of these??

Not sure if I want to pull a 8ft wide - must go thru lots of small streets and loading docks,

but then the 7ft wide is 2 ft longer.

Price is about the same.

Just do not know what to do - looking for input from other sport trackers.

thanks

bill

I pull a 8 ft wide x 26 ft. long Haulmark trailer that my bike club purchased last year. It doesn't have living quarters as it's primary purpose is hauling our bikes, canopies and accesories. You have to be extrememly careful pulling an 8 ft wide trailer w/the ST because you cannot see around it with the standard ST mirrors, but my 07 4.6L handles it fine as long as it's not overloaded. If you can get away with the 7ft wide model then go with that. We have several club members that pull our trailer so it's not like I have to pull it all of the time. Also, you definitely want to have a trailer brake controller to utilize the trailer brakes.

There are pics of our trailer in my library but i have not taken pics with it hitched to my Trac.

Edit: I noticed you are in Decatur GA, we bring the bikes to Atlanta every year around Labor Day to go riding up in the mountains.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Lil Red. The stance of the 07 ST is wider, but not THAT much wider than previous models. I wouldn't go over the 7' width with a trailer, if you don't have to. My trailer/pop-up in my library is just barely over 7' wide, and I'm still searching for some good mirror extensions so that I can see more than I can now behind/beside the trailer. If anyone has a good lead on such an animal, let me know,,,,,,,I would appreciate it! I don't want to put those ugly, chrome things that look like wings hanging off the side of the truck, either. Besides, they mess up the door sills/edges and don't agree with the wind deflectors on the windows to boot. If you are like me, (probably not), you like to hug the left side line on the road. If you get an 8' wide trailer, the wheels of it will be in the other lane, believe me. Hope this helps,,,,,,,,getting ready to head down south to SD for a beach camp in May!!:D

Go with the 7' trailer. I pull a 22 x 7' travel trailer, and that's wide enough for the ST. For mirrors, I use the McKesh ones. A little pricey, but they actually let me see down the lines and even somewhat behind the trailer. As long as you religiously clean the doors before putting the mirrors on, there won't be any scratching on the doors or sills. Have used mine for the past 3 years with no marks.

Thanks for the input.

I am surprised that very little is discussed about ST and trailering.

What does everyone pull with their 07 V8's

Thanks

bill

I saw a show on TV a few weeks ago where they were discussing Airstream trailers. They showed a new model that had living quarters and the back opened up with room for an ATV. It was not the old rounded style like most Airstreams. It did use the same polished aluminum siding but in a much more modern style. Looked pretty cool and it was not too big for an ST to pull. Its called the Basecamp.

Toy haulers have been around for quite a few years and many travel trailer manufacturers make them. They are just what blksn8k was talking about.

Does anyone have or have they had a teardrop camper trailer? I am curious as to how roomy they really are inside and if it is a viable alternative to a tent. I camp out at various races 7 or 8 times a year and the teardrop campers always caught my attention.

Latest posts