07 V8 Zabteck Intake ( close to TRUE cold air) using KKM

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Well,

I have been playing with this today...

I fitted the KKM intake to the 07 V8 stock air box....

Since the 07 has a GREAT design and gets its cold air right in from the grill I think this is a great setup...

I will test fit it soon.....

I may even offer it as a Do it yourself kit and a complete kit..

Your thoughts ???

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are still using the stock air box. It seems the flat panel filter may have more surface area Than that small conical...

Morgan, This is my prototype, IT should be available for purchase from me...

The KKM intake you can get direct from them, I am working with them to purchase it and resell it..

Fast,

Thats the filter that comes with the KKM kit... The pic does not show the size of the filter..

The 07 air box is almost 12inches x 18 inches... and the filter has the Front open as well... you just can not see it in the picture..

Todd Z

Todd, looks like a good usable mod to me,,,,,,,,,,,look forward to getting one, if and when you finalize the deal/agreement with KKM. Please let me know when they are available,,,,I will definately be interested,,,,,,,Mark ([email protected]):D

BLK,

I cleaned it up a little, The mounting on the KKM is thin so any more I would be concerned of cracking....

But the OEM Maf is now 2mm smaller at the thinnest point... The OEM maf has a taper to it, it is not straight through.....

The testing of the KKM showed throttle response, but nothing much of MPG gains. I wondered if this was because of the open filter style. SO i think this should help...

Testing should be soon...

Unfortunately I can not dyno it due to all the trucks here are 4wd..

Todd Z

Did you give up the idea of developing your own MAF housing? Is the limiting factor the diameter of the KKM filter?

I have given up, The cost and time is not worth it, The other limiting factor is if you go more then a total 10% change you will throw a check engine light on the new trucks and then a tuner is required...

I want to keep it all bolt on..

Todd Z

Again, please excuse my lack of knowledge in this area but - where does this actually go in the truck?

Once I get my Throttle Body in, I may be interested in this mod as well.

Thanks

Jimmy, when you are looking under the hood of your truck you will see the air filter box (black rectangular plastic box) at the front left corner of the engine compartment (if you are facing the truck). The 1st pic shown at the top of this thread is the top of the ar filter box, the 2nd and 3rd pics are the top of air filter box shown upside down. Hope this helps... This modification would replace the existing stock rectangle shaped paper air filter with the conical filter in pictures 2 and 3 above.