'08 six speed auto shifting

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Caffyn

Reaction score
Got my new ST V-8 limited on May 29, what a great choice I made, BUT, the shift between first and second under power is nothing but a big "hole" is this normal? or can something be done about it?

Yesthat is normal fo rthese trucks!!! Untill you get an SCT Tuner or Livewire...I hear that really makes it Kick in when upshifting! Prob though is that no one has figured out how to adjust teh 6spd trans yet. Once they do....LOOK OUT!

There is no known official fix from Ford. However, Dingo has developed something of a fix. It costs no money and about an hour of your time with no no real labor. Apparently. the issue is created by the Adaptive Learning system pickuping up stray sigals. Look for my post on the subject from about a week ago, give or take.

Apparently. the issue is created by the Adaptive Learning system pickuping up stray sigals. Look for my post on the subject from about a week ago, give or take.

Here's the thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I looked at Dingo' and DesertFox' fix for the problem and I think your right. I'm gonna order a Magnaflow system and their instructions call for d/c of the battery in order to reset the computer. If they know about it you guys should be right. Thanks again, RLC

Latest posts