08 sta performance

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chad linkhart

Reaction score
last week i picked up 08 sta with 30k miles on it. i live this truck gets lots of looks as i've only ever seen one other around here. i have a lot of plans for this truck starting with exhaust. ive browsed many forums to find anything on a long tube set up but keep finding dead ends. do any of you run long tubes? will mustang shorties work if so any benefit? i plan on cams and heads and down the line a nice blower and forged internals. ive also been reading up on the 6r60 tranny i have which seems to be my weak link. would a 6r80 from a 09 be a direct swap or would i have communication issues. circle d can restall my stock converter 500 rpm but still seems like betting on a donkey in a horse race. also anyone have drop springs for a 2wd ive read some just cut off a coil? is this the go to on these trucks?

May just want to do a Coyote 5.0 swap if your going to do all that work.....

No headers bolt on, No long tubes..... The shorty headers fit but require medium modifications, Crushing of tubes, Or cutting and re piping.....

The ST is not meant for a race or vehicle that can be heavily modded.

My 2010 may get a coyote in about 2020 if there is no ranger, or nice raptor available....

Todd Z

thanks for the reply but i wanna do it the old fashioned way i guess lol. not to mention i think i would do a termi swap or a 5.8 before a coyote. but unfortunately money doesnt grow on my tree so 2020 may be when i find that also. do you happen to know how to lower these trucks any?

I hear ya.....

my 2010 Sta with basic bolt ons is nice and quick, Its not in the 12's but good enough..lol

You can lift or lower a little not much due to the rear axles going through the frame....

The lift kit from truxx is good but can cause ball joint problems....

Most people lower with a custom set of springs which is big bucks or cutting a coil....

I don't follow the lifting/lowering posts.....

Try the facebook pages too....

Todd Z

will do thanks. any idea how much yours is putting down id be happy with 300+ for now until i get the money for going big.

never did the dyno, But it was a 159-16.2 truck before....

Now its 149-15.2

Todd Z

they are made by Steeda for the F150.... If not then they are discontinued....

Todd Z

thanks todd i hate asking so many questions just want to have all my ducks in a row before i start throwing money at stuff. also if anyone knows SuperChargedsvt(Aaron) id love to pick his brain that truck is one of the reasons i bought mine.

He follows the Facebook page a little more I believe.....

Also a Jeff Shrembi also has a SC 2010 with major upgrades.....

Ask away, I love talking about these trucks,

You can also text me or email if you wish.

Todd Z

If you are on facebook you can find one of the groups by searching "Ford Explorer Sport Trac Owners"

These trucks are awesome and Todd is the ST guru :D

most suprising statement ever coming ive never had a facebook. lol. but on another note after 3 days of back and forths with circle d and comp we have a marriage gonna happen. comp mutha thumpr cams 127020 and a restalled stock converter. And a fully custom exhaust including headers and cut outs. havent decided if itll be worth the headache to fab lt but i know its atleast getting some modified shorties. should be fun nonetheless. my local goto hp guys want me to forge and go twin rear mounts so depending on what i decide there dictates how much time and money get dumped into the custom headers.

Anyone know what superchargedsvt is running as far as the 2010 f150 bilstien shocks and springs to lower hos truck?

Latest posts