'08 V8 4X4 to Adrenaline conversion

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC2008SportTrac

Reaction score
Howdy all! :)

I have a 2008, V8, 4x4 ST, that I'm wanting to upgrade to the Adrenaline exterior package. I guess I need to know what all parts differentiate the Adrenaline from my ST. I'll be upgrading the wheels/tires soon, so that's not what I'm concerned about (I'll be getting some 22" Ford Edge Sport wheels - really like those!)

I know the front fascia is different: is it just a different front bumber, and if so, do they sell those that you can swap for the factory ST, to Adrenaline conversion?

I'm used to working on Mustangs (Cobras and Shelbys), so you can mix-match parts pretty easily. Can I buy the items I need, to convert my truck to the Adrenaline looks?

Also, the Adrenaline appears to sit/ride a bit lower than my '08 ST. Do they have a factory lowering package? If so, what lowering package should I use to gain the same/similar looks? I don't want a 'low-rider'. But I wouldn't hate lowering the truck a bit, to make the 22's look awesome, and get the factory Adrenline looks.

Thanks for your help!

JC

Everything on the front is different. Bumper cover, reinforcement, grille, driving lights, headlights etc. Fenders, roof, running boards, bedsides and complete rear bumper assy also.

Thanks for breaking that down, Brad.

Okay, so Bumber(cover) is different. That, of course, comes with all different headlights, driving lights, etc. What's different on the fenders (aside from the lack of fender flares and inserts?) Will factory ST fenders work with the Adrenaline bumper/can they be converted to work with an Adrenline front bumper? Or do the front fenders also require changing to upgrade? If I can use the existing front fenders, and just modify them to mate to the Adrenline front bumper, that'd be ideal. But I'm asking if that's the case...

The running boards are different, of course, but do they bolt right up?

The rear, I'm happy with the current ST rear. It's the front 2/3 that I'm trying to upgrade/make look different.

If that's all not easily done, I'll just have to shop for an Adrenaline V8 4x4 (or AWD). And if I'm having to do that, I'll shop for a SC'd version of said vehicle (if they made any).

The existing fenders won’t match up to an Adrenalin front cover because the standard ones have bolt on flares and the Adrenalin fenders are flare looking without any real flare. Look at pictures and you’ll see. I imagine the running boards would bolt up.
If you’re referring to a supercharged version, there weren’t any. That was a prototype wish list.

JC - have another look at the Ford Edge wheels, I believe the bolt pattern is different; 5-108 for the Edge, vs 5-114.3 for the Explorer. I'd like to see it work if you're able, because the wheels they put on those Edge's are awesome.

JC - let me take that back - it seems the change to that bolt pattern happened in 2015. I'm seeing 2011-2014 Edge wheels with the right bolt pattern.

you must have 15posts on this by now...… Please give up, buy and adrenalin and sell what ya got.... its way too much work to make it 100%... nothing is out there any more. even when it was, the 3K option from the dealer was almost 10 grand in parts and paint.

you must have 15posts on this by now...… Please give up, buy and adrenalin and sell what ya got.... its way too much work to make it 100%... nothing is out there any more. even when it was, the 3K option from the dealer was almost 10 grand in parts and paint.
LOL, I'm sure I have more than that, Todd. :)

It was the realization that they DIDN"T make a Supercharged, AWD, version of the Adrenaline that's killing me. I REALLY thought that they made that unicorn.

Given that they didn't, I'll just pick up the next AWD V8 Adrenaline in my area, and call it a day. I HATE that I had to drive 450 miles to get my black, V8, 4X4 ST, and have put some money and time into it [lower ball joints, alternator, battery, brakes, plugs/caps (the plugs/caps were $800 on their own!!!)], but, that's fine. I'll get back out of mine roughly what I have in it. I just won't be happy until I have the Adrenaline, after seeing it (and after dreaming that it had a supercharger).

Thank you for kicking me correctly. :p You're good people, Todd! :)

If anyone wants a well-taken care of, many parts replaced/upgraded, in Tulsa-area, ST, give me a holler! lol :p

Ya know what; nevermind. I'll keep shopping for the Adrenaline. But my GF (soon to be wife) has an '06 that I bought, and we can sell hers, keep my '08, and let her drive that, after all I've done for it. I'll just keep looking for an Adrenaline, and a Shelby on the side. :) We'll get rid of her '06 Explorer XLT, keep my ST, find an Adrenaline for me on the side, and then also find me another Shelby :) Yay, all is well in the world; thank you again, Todd. :)

Yep, that's what'll I'll do. I am annoyed they never made an AWD, Supercharged (or even Turbo-charged) V-8 Adrenaline. But thank you for finally squashing my unicorn chasing. :p Now, I'll just be on the lookout for a V8 Adrenaline, and now have to be choosy on the color. :p Thanks again, Todd. :)