10"sub and amp

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out site sponsor JDBoxes. He makes sub enclosures for the ST, but for subs and amps, it's a matter of personal preference. I prefer JL Audio. I have a 10w3 and a 250 watt JL amp.

This isn't a 10", but it will fit in just about anywhere. I've been thinking about getting it and mounting behind the drivers' side rear seat compartment. I'm not looking for a lot of thump though, that's not my preference, just deeper bass than my full range rear speakers.

Had my audio guy look at the specs on it from this site and he was not to impressed. Most of the reviews posted were favourable, even had one from a guy with an ST, mainly folks like me wanting a little more bass, not overwhelming, seemed to be satisfied.

D-

Deryck, someone here has that (or something very similar) in thier ST. I remember seeing a pic of it in an earlier post. Maybe they could chime in and give you a heads up on the sound quality. Looks good to me.;)

35hz isn't very low. Most humans can hear down to around 20hz.

On the other hand most rap (doesn't seem to be the primary genre on this board :)) is more around ~40hz

What does all that mean? Nothing it's all up to what sounds good to you, but that would for sure not meet my requirements for a good audio system. I doubt it has very much output either.

Brodie check out http://jdboxes.jdryer.com for some basic info and post back if you have any questions.

Yeah, that's what my guy said JD. Not going to get deep bass out of this sub, but if you not into that it may work.

Here's the ST post on it, perhaps it is someone who's a member that can chime in on it, the price on this site is much less.

D-

Pioneer also has some shallow mount subs that are 10" and 12" but you'd still need an enclosure and probably an amp.

D-

Latest posts