17 years later, what options are there for a sub in a 2001?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njbronco74

Reaction score
Hey guys,
new to the forum and just picked up an 01 ST. Looking to get a sub installed. pretty sure I'm going under the seat. Just curious what everyone things of the cheap ebay boxes. From what I see, you can't use the seat because the weight will put the seat bottom into the speaker.

Thinking about building my own down firing one to avoid the seat/weight issue. And with todays slim subs i figure theres got to be some good options.

Any insight? reviews? anything.

I have an 05 with a 10 inch kicker under the rear seat. It faces upwards. I installed this box years ago. The ebay boxes you mention are pretty much identical. I was worried about people sitting on the speaker so I installed a grille.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Inch-Sp...ash=item25ce28a645:g:R3cAAOSwVLRaVCs2&vxp=mtr

It's identical to that one. It sits up nice and high and allows for plenty of movement of the sub.

The seat really doesn't compress alot when someone sits on it, atleast mine don't but with a grille like this you will have peace of mind. Also, this grille doesn't affect the comfort of the seat. You don't even know it's there.

I have a 2003 and bought the kit from Rodneysboxes on Ebay, Ive had it for 10 years and works great, saw the mount the amp in the back seatback and did that. It included the box, speaker,amp and wiring harness for around $200 back then.

I have a 2003 and bought the kit from Rodneysboxes on Ebay, Ive had it for 10 years and works great, saw the mount the amp in the back seatback and did that. It included the box, speaker,amp and wiring harness for around $200 back then.

Got any pics. I’m curious to see the grill with the seat down. From what I see on the ebay pics, it looks like the sub is pretty much touching the bottom of the seat. Also curious to see the amp mount

I am mid process installing the long console and the stereo is up next. Did the tilt column and power seat already. Amazing what they left out of these trucks. Like no tilt and no cruise control

Here are pics of the sub with the seat down. As you can see the seat doesn't completely fold down. It allows for enough room to reach back there. I suspect the seat would fold down completely without a grill

e
IMG_1471.JPG

IMG_1472.JPG

Latest posts