2-3 Flair / Scared Newbie Update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris M 2

Reaction score
Well, there's good news and honest people still left in the world - praise God.

As you may have seen in my earlier post, I took my 2002 ST into Miami Valley Transmission in Dayton, OH after having the 2-3 flair/slip (whatever you call it) for about two weeks. You may remember my asking for guidance, etc. and looking for an honest shop. You all were very good to heap on the advice and much more.

MVT's owner, Rick Spurlock, drove my ST and initially did a standard tranny service and EPC adjustment. That worked for a while, but I ended up having him do a vavlebody job with an aftermarket kit. Now my ST drives fine.

Most important, Rick was very patient and took the time to listen to my concerns and ideas about what might be wrong (especially the valvebody/solenoid fix) and said he wouldn't do anything that didn't need done. He could have told me I needed a complete rebuild, but instead was honest and did only what needed done.

Another cool thing he did was call back the next day to make sure everything was okay. No other place I've gone to has ever done this.

If you need an honest transmission shop in or near Dayton, I can recommend Miami Valley Transmission (www.miamivalleytransmission.com). :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool,

Most of the 5R55E issues are the EPC and the solenoid packs. They seem to weaken, corrode and fail causing transmission damage..

Todd Z

Right on. I too am glad my dealer honored warranty on rebuilt tranny at 18K (?) miles on my 04. So far so good now at 47K.

You can reccommend these guys to anyone who checks the car guys website.

There is a section just for this: An honest repairshop

goto this link.

http://www.cartalk.com/ct/mechx/add_shop.jsp