2 liter turbo in upcoming Ranger

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZoNiE

Reaction score
So I have been driving a 2018 Flex with the ecoboost 2.0 turbo while my STA is getting some paint work done. The curb weight of the Flex is comparable to the T6 Ranger. This engine pulls like a banshee. The front wheels just claw for grip. I can only assume the new Ranger will perform the same with this engine given the weight similarities. The rear end of the new Ranger is still butt ass ugly, but the motor it is getting sure is nice.

It's going to be a 2.3-liter, direct-injected four-cylinder with a twin-scroll turbocharger.

We are all worried it will have the mustang "failure" rate..... We shall see....

Maybe Im old school. I dont like the eventual exspensive maintenance of turbo.
Why cant we have the simplicity of a natural asperated V6. For power adder, I prefer SC's. I really only want power adders for racing performance.
For the street N/A is less wear and tear for high milage, IMHO. IMO, power adders on the street. Make you put your foot in it more often. Cause Im a hot rodder...LOL

Latest posts