2" Trailer Hitch for 2001 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRizzi

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
I just inherited a 2001 Sport Trac and I am looking to pull an Ultra Lite Travel Trailer. Weight will be around 4,000 - 4, 500 lbs.
Looking for recommendations on the best 2" Frame Mounted Trailer Hitch to install.
The Sport Trac is a 6 cylinder with about 200,000 miles on it, ALTHOUGH, the engine is being completely rebuilt at this moment.
I have also replaced most of the Front End Suspension, as well as the 4 center frame/chassis mounts under the cab.
The truck has the original Light-Duty Trailer Package, but I know I will need to beef it up for the trailer weight.
The Factory Hitch is not rated, as I understand, for over 3,000 lbs.
Additionally, the Anti-Sway System that is currently on the trailer requires a 2" receiver.
I also need to explore the electrical connection to make sure it will work with the 7 way wire harness on the trailer, but that is on another thread, im sure... :)
I look forward to the group's expertise. Any help is appreciated!

do not use the bumper hitch.... Add aftermarket one, any really will do. weight distribution is best and add brakes.

Latest posts