20” rims for my 07 ST Limited(?)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for 20 inch rims for my 07 ST limited. Found a set for sale used. Hoping these will fit well.
Wondering how these will sit on the truck with a 40 offset instead of 44 that is the stock rims. Might still need a thin spacer(?) I’m looking for the Adrenalin style stance

Attachments

• 894B5941-4D59-4488-B8ED-1E6EDEF5DA91.png
    894B5941-4D59-4488-B8ED-1E6EDEF5DA91.png
    329.3 KB · Views: 110
These are 20" Boss rims off of a Lincoln MKX with 275/45/20 tires not even the slightest problem with them. Speed reading is almost identical identical to the stock 18"

Attachments

• Scarlett's new look.jpg
    Scarlett's new look.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 127
Great thanks! Very helpful. Hard to figure out what is a good size that won’t rub. I have some more options now. 👍🏼😎
These are 20" Boss rims off of a Lincoln MKX with 275/45/20 tires not even the slightest problem with them. Speed reading is almost identical identical to the stock 18"
I found a set of Bridgestones with 75% tread left that come with 20” Cadillac rims for $250 cash. Gotta drive 2 hours to get them but seems like a good deal.
The tires are 265/50/20. Hoping they will fit ok just like yours fit your 2nd gem ST. Your appear to fit beautifully they look great on your truck. Really improves the look!

Thank you. What model of Cadillac are the rims off of as the bolt pattern differs from one to the other? Hard to find new tires here in Calgary right now. Had to order mine online.

I don't know that a Chevy wheel will bolt up; I wouldn't trust that, myself, at least not relying on it to fit the Ford. Bolt patterns almost never line up.

However, that seems like a pretty good deal, so you should be able to move them locally, if they don't work.

I'm in love with the Ford Edge Sport wheels. And I like the 22" wheels. That's what I'm going to be putting on mine, when I get the LAST bit of tread off these tires that came with the truck, which aren't much, lol!

I'm a car guy, that had to get a truck. But the Edge Sport wheels look good on most anything (including an Edge Sport!, lol!!!) But, I really like the 22's, so I'll be shopping for those.

I don't know that a Chevy wheel will bolt up; I wouldn't trust that, myself, at least not relying on it to fit the Ford. Bolt patterns almost never line up.

However, that seems like a pretty good deal, so you should be able to move them locally, if they don't work.

I'm in love with the Ford Edge Sport wheels. And I like the 22" wheels. That's what I'm going to be putting on mine, when I get the LAST bit of tread off these tires that came with the truck, which aren't much, lol!

I'm a car guy, that had to get a truck. But the Edge Sport wheels look good on most anything (including an Edge Sport!, lol!!!) But, I really like the 22's, so I'll be shopping for those.
I was only considering the rims and tires for the rubber (265/50/20). I’m cleaning up some 20” rims I found for $200 so I really only need rubber.
I found a set of used 255/50/20’s that could be purchased and installed for $380 locally. That’s stock size for the STA’s with 20” rims so no speedo issues.
The tires and caddy rims would cost $250 plus another $80 install and balance. Plus I’d have to drive 3 hours round trip and then I’d need to unload the caddy rims( they’re 6 bolt).
I’m kinda leaning towards the local deal for the 255/50/20’s. What do you guys think?
Pics of rims I’m working on (before and during-still needs clear coat)

Attachments

• 19DF3213-503D-4EE3-B017-869D1348612F.jpeg
    19DF3213-503D-4EE3-B017-869D1348612F.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 07CC3FC4-4A48-4597-BE04-477A996B9F70.jpeg
    07CC3FC4-4A48-4597-BE04-477A996B9F70.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 57
The only cross brand rims I have ever found are. Some Ford and some Dodge, have the same pattern. Offsets and hub hole would need to be checked.

Be careful with going 22" it will be hard on the drive train .

I was only considering the rims and tires for the rubber (265/50/20). I’m cleaning up some 20” rims I found for $200 so I really only need rubber.
I found a set of used 255/50/20’s that could be purchased and installed for $380 locally. That’s stock size for the STA’s with 20” rims so no speedo issues.
The tires and caddy rims would cost $250 plus another $80 install and balance. Plus I’d have to drive 3 hours round trip and then I’d need to unload the caddy rims( they’re 6 bolt).
I’m kinda leaning towards the local deal for the 255/50/20’s. What do you guys think?
Pics of rims I’m working on (before and during-still needs clear coat)
If you are buying new I would go with the 275 /45/20s a little more rubber on the ground and the handling is awesome.
Not sure what type of tire you are looking at , being summer, all season or winter so hard to prefer a brand.

My '08 STA had Goodyears 255/50R20s. They were worn out so I replaced them with Michelins of the same size. The speedometer is within 1 mph at all speeds (per the radar signs I've been through). So, I guess they are stock size. I would bet that 275/45R20s would handle better, but your speedo will be off a bit. I'm impressed with the Michelins as for handling. Maybe the 275/45s do better, but I'm reall happy with the handling performance as it is.

the wheels look so much better, personally i would look at new tires from tire store, ya only got to do it once, hopefully no flat, you get a warranty, ya know what your getting, research and get tires for all weather conditions. maybe a few more bucks at first but less headaches in long run.

Used tires are not a good deal. unless the production date is new. Then you dont know if there is core impact damage. Easy to do with low profile tires.

the wheels look so much better, personally i would look at new tires from tire store, ya only got to do it once, hopefully no flat, you get a warranty, ya know what your getting, research and get tires for all weather conditions. maybe a few more bucks at first but less headaches in long run.
Good point. I did check out some new tires. Off brand tires would run me about $1100 here in town. Didn’t even ask about known brands with those prices!
If I put some used ones on they would only be intended to got me through to fall and part of next spring.
I’m planning on new winters tires (maybe on the 20” rims) and the purchasing another set of 20” rims with new summer tires, perhaps with 275/45/20(?)

i have had excellent results from kumho on my trac, and jeep and car, hated my toyos but ran for years, took a couple weeks to get my kumho to my discount tire but was worth the wait, but 600 ish for tires and a shop is 30 bucks a tire for mount and balance here, and yes its not cheap but for the 300 in used tires with the unknowns and eddie is dead on with possible damage or issues with trying to balance out of round tires. thats just a opinion, but ya made your rims look great..

Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus All-Season 275/45R20 110T Tire
I have been running this tire in the 265/60-18, on my '04 Trac for years. I really like them. they are soft and quiet. Corner good and ride good. The one thing is softer rubber they have a lower mileage rating. But I see that as good traction.
Discount used to stock them. Now they have Cooper making a replacement tire for discount.. I didn't like them, made them order what I wanted. I can deal with less millage for the tire I like.
Anyway I only buy 2 at a time. I move the front to the rear. New on the front. I burn alot of rubber. Even without trying. My Trac is tuned and has some bolt ons...LOL

If you are buying new I would go with the 275 /45/20s a little more rubber on the ground and the handling is awesome.
Not sure what type of tire you are looking at , being summer, all season or winter so hard to prefer a brand.
So far I’ve looked at bridgestones fortera and some Yokohama parada spec x tires
I kinda like the Yokohama’s 😎
you could do a online order from amazon or some one, the warranty go with and local shop could do warranty if it comes to that, not sure the type of terrain tire ya want but here is a sample from amazon,

Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus All-Season 275/45R20 110T Tire​

Visit the Cooper Store

4.5 out of 5 stars 94 ratings

| 15 answered questions

List Price:$181.12 Details
Price:$140.34
definitely gonna check this out thanks!

Thanks for all your advice everyone! I’m not in a huge rush in practical terms as my stock 18” rims, although a bit rough, have good rubber so I can take the time to sort out what I would like for these 20” rims.
My desire to get rubber on these rims and throw them on the truck however has we wanting to do it soon lol!
Oh well truck goes in for a window tint on Monday though

Latest posts