• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vehicle Wanted 2000-2003 Gen One roller needed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GO BILLS Jake

Reaction score
I have a totaled 2002 ST that’s donating its 4.0 to another that will be on the road soon. Looking for the next project for winter. Too many good parts that can go into the next “barn find”.

MUST HAVE SOLID FRAME to pass Pennsylvania state inspection. Bring me your ugly, blemished, engine knocking, timing chain thrown, only shifts into reverse candidates and let’s connect.

Plenty of engines here in S.E. PA but not enough road worthy bodies. Your time is appreciated and 2000-2003 only please. Post pictures of your diamonds in the rough in the comments so we can chat. Appreciate this group and talk soon!

Facebook groups have a few.... I know of 1 in NJ the guy just posted.

i might be selling one, its a 04 from Georgia, no rust i got from one owner, xlt, i hauled it to west Virginia and really want to fix but i do not know any one here that can do engine install, or fix, can not figure out what is wrong with it. its leather etc no rips. if i can not find any one in next couple weeks i would rather some one fix it, i have 2 more back in Oregon but not as nice as this one. only down side besides engine is 2 wheel drive. it is a k code engine and 250ish k miles i think, but he was driving it down freeway and it died so trans is good, new tires and box full of maint. records from day 1.

i might be selling one, its a 04 from Georgia, no rust i got from one owner, xlt, i hauled it to west Virginia and really want to fix but i do not know any one here that can do engine install, or fix, can not figure out what is wrong with it. its leather etc no rips. if i can not find any one in next couple weeks i would rather some one fix it, i have 2 more back in Oregon but not as nice as this one. only down side besides engine is 2 wheel drive. it is a k code engine and 250ish k miles i think, but he was driving it down freeway and it died so trans is good, new tires and box full of maint. records from day 1.
Curtis, thank you! Appreciate the post and so sorry to hear it broke down on you. That’s the worst and been there, done that, have the t-shirt.

My focus however is one 2000-2003 when the “E” engine was used. Ford did it’s Sport Trac followers dirty when they went digital odometer and the “K” engine (in my opinion, please note don’t hate them, just more familiar with the first engine.)

Plus I have a 4x4 transfer case and trans ready to install so looking to go four wheel. Thanks again and if the Oregon trucks come East please let me know. Rough shape doesn’t scare me………frame rot does. Appreciate your post and pics always a help. Here’s the Ford blue coated rebuild ready to go.

Attachments

• 0479E5A4-E949-44CF-829A-83C1DB0FD658.jpeg
    0479E5A4-E949-44CF-829A-83C1DB0FD658.jpeg
    352.9 KB · Views: 65