2001 Driver side power window

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfredo novo

Reaction score
My driver side power window was acting up for while. You kind of had to toggle the switch to get it to go up. Finally it stopped working but when you pressed the switch down there is a clicking sound comming from under the dash. There's a relay box under the dash next to the radio on the drivers side. You can feel the vibration when you press the switch. So I bought a new motor and installed it. No good. Same clicking and motor won't engage. I removed the relay that controls the switch to see if that was the problem but still got nothing but clicking. All wires are in tact and the regulator moves up and down manually without a problem.

At this point I'm completely stomped. Any help would be appreciated. Remember..It's not the regulator..It's not the motor...and it doesn't seem to be a relay issue. All other windows and power equipment are working fine. What have I missed?:banghead:

Aloha Freddy, I have to clean the switches now and again. (damp climate) Maybe your switch won't allow enough current to run the motor! Electrical contact cleaner, not very expensive.

Good luck Ed

Thanks Ed, I'll give it a try. Sounds to good to be the fix but at this point I've already taken just about every component of the door off to no avail so this should be a walk in the park.

I'll reply if it worked.

Cant disconect the switch covers to clean. The board looks fine except one set of switches has 6 prongs while the other one only has 5. Is this normal or am I missing a prong? Is there a way to check the switch board for defects?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts