2001 Sport Trac or 2004

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 65037

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm planing on buying a sport trac and I need some opinions on year models and which would be the better sport trac. I'm looking at 2 right now a 2001 and a 2004 excact same options besides the 2004 does not have a moonroof. But the main concern is that should I buy a 2001 first year they came out with it or a 2004 where they iron out some wrinkles. I'm 22 and I want to have it as a 4x4 toy and also a daily driver. Both tracs are near the same milage (50k) and prices ( -01 14,000) ( -04 18,000). So should I just get the 2001 with a moonroof or will the 2004 be the better trac. :) Thank

SAm

PS: Any suggestions???

If you're TRULY on the fence with this decision, I'd go with the newer Trac. It has newer hoses and belts, for one thing. A moon roof is nice, but it's also a leak risk.

Price alone should push you to choose the 2004 since it is newer. Newer vehicles tend to be worth more.

Tom

You can get a nice power roof installed with a lifetime warranty for 800-1200 bucks...

Go with the 04, less problems, less known issues....

Todd Z

Just make sure that if you buy a new one you are sure to get the rear automatic window. I would never buy one with out that option. Buy the 2007 its the newer and better option, I try to do what I can to make mine look newer all the time. Badges, keeping it spottless, all the upgrades possible. Good luck.

definitly go for the '04. The difference in price is well worth all the reasons, talked on above..

Get the 2004 if you want a better looking interrior, back middle seat head rest, more square door interrior look two tone seats etc. disc brakes

ha, yeah, i agree, id go with the 04 compared to the 01 for the fact of 4 wheel disc brakes, its newer. and course usually with buying a newer vehicle the interest rate wont be as bad. i believe all of them cept the newer ones came with the rear window all powered. id offer more like 16 or less depending on what KBB.com says. just for fact it is already 3 years old.

My suggestion would be to buy mine. I have a 05 XLT Premium, 16000 miles, Medium stone with all options ecxept radio control in rear (has temp controls), side airbags, tow package, 4WD and bed cover. All for $18500 (firm).

:cool:

Hey thank for all the posts i'll really apprecaite this I'm going the 17th to hopefully buy a trac! thanks a ton!!! :rolleyes:

Sam

PS Hey dave send me some pics and Add info color, options, aftermarket.. although I live in oregon hope you live somewhere close :D Thanks again!

Well Finally bought 1! WOOT it niether the ones I wanter.. the 01 I didn't get cause of your guys opinions and the 04 sold. So I was looking around around and found a 04 blue st for 22k. Little steep for my budget but after 1 1/2 hours later got him down to 18.6k so I think got somewhat of a fair deal... Although I bought no extra warrenty so kinda kicking myself in the rear. As I was driving home I can hear/feel a little noies at 30-45 mph but I think that is time noise :D anyways time for payments then mods :D

Sam

PS: pictures in a couple days:p

A blue 04 ST for almost $19K...wow.

I bought my '04 XLT Prem 4wd ST new for $23K...didn't know they were holding their value that well.

Maybe it's time to sell mine...I think I owe less then $8K now.

TJR