2001 Sport Trac V6 - Upper oil pan bolt specs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Brothers

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
4 wheel drive
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
So, while crawling under my truck working on the heater control valve and hoses, I noticed that I appear to be missing two UPPER oil pan bolts. May explain (some) of the oil leaks. Location is the front passenger side. The corner bolt is there, but there are two missing adjacent to it on either side. I didn't want to pull off another bolt to determine what size it was. Anyone know the size of the bolt for the UPPER oil pan?

Thanks,

Steve

Thank you swshawaii. I bookmarked the FPG site for future reference. Very helpful, although in this case it has only narrowed down the size selection. Will probably head to the hardware store next and buy a few different options. M8 x 45 mm or M6x20 mm is my guess now.

On the V6~4.0L~SOHC Engin

Original Bolts For LOWER OilPanFlange;
not for UPPER OilPanGirdle above LOWER OilPan:
0m005Diameter~0.8mmThread~0m020Long~0m010HexHead
10each

Optional Bolts For LOWER OilPanFlange;
eases Access+Tightening at rear of LOWER OilPan:
0m005Diameter~0.8mmThread~0m025Long~0m010HexHead
3each With LargeWashers & JamNuts

Last edited:
Hi Dillard! You are a database for sure! The missing bolts I want to replace are on the upper “girdle”. I think I have narrowed down the search to a couple of possible sizes based on the website swshawaii pointed me to.

Latest posts