2001 Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raiden01

Reaction score
Hey all, just thought I'd add my Trac to the forums! I came over from a 1999 Ranger and (unsurprisingly) felt very at home in the Trac. Lots of stuff is borrowed over from the ranger especially in the first model year Tracs. First pic is the day I got it in 2018 and second pic is today 2022. Third is the interior in 2022. I bought it off the original owner at a steal of $2500 and 80k original miles. It's now just hit 119k miles so I've gotten a good 40k miles out of it! It's been pretty reliable and I haven't done too much to it.

I originally painted all the plastic trim black in 2018 but it had started to fade in some spots, so I repainted recently, and am happy with the results! I changed the antenna to a low profile one, blacked out the emblems/names with plastidip, installed slightly larger tires, tinted the front two windows, removed all the old stickers and dealer tags, and replaced the old third brake light housing (as it was faded).

Inside the truck I was able to move both my pioneer head unit and speakers from my old Ranger into the Trac. Even the aftermarket radio bezel fit like a charm! I have the tan interior, which is my least favorite part of the truck lol, and as such it came with both tan floor mats and a tan steering wheel cover. Those were removed and replaced with black ones and it really helped the eyes out on the interior lol. I also have the bag center console which I'm not the biggest fan of. I've thought of changing it but it seems like a very labor intensive project.

In the future I hope to add a brush guard up front to add to the overall look. If I could track down a factory bed extender that would be nice. A buddy of mine had one but I forgot to ask him for it before he got rid of the truck. Not too sure after that...I love to see others projects on here and hope to gain some inspiration on what to do next with it!

Attachments

• sport trac 2018.jpg
    sport trac 2018.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 3
  • sport trac 2022.jpg
    sport trac 2022.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Dirty Interior lol .jpg
    Dirty Interior lol .jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts