2001 ST brake light doesn't work - continued

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just a follow-up to my post last week on this subject. I took the ST to my Ford dealer and

they said the fuse blew. That was it! I told them there has to be more to all the brake

lights not working than a blown fuse. Something caused the fuse to blow.

I did forward the info members left me on the multi-switch in the column, but they said

that usually causes turn signal problems and not brake light problems. They don't think

replacing the multi-switch will solve the problem and they want me to take the ST home.

I told them to keep it and keep looking for the cause of the short. I'm petrified of driving

the thing for fear of getting rear ended. I have children to think about.

What should I do now regarding the Ford dealer and possible repairs? Should I just replace

the multi-switch anyway?

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuses can weaken over time, some times they do just blow...

IF you want to fee safe you can remove all the brake bulbs, Clean the sockets to reduce the chance of high resistance due to bad contact with a bulb and install new bulbs...

Other than that, Drive it...

Todd Z

I would not think the multi switch has anything to do with the brake lights. The brake lights are no affected by anything that goes through the multi-switch.

Drive your Trac.

Tom