2001 ST leather seats - again

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I started a thread here back on 8/7/05 ragarding adding leather seats to my '01 ST.

Sorry it took me so darn long to get back to this thread. I've been away on a business

trip from hell. To answer one question, my seats are the 2001 grey cloth.

To answer another one, I think I was the one involved in the "high priced" ebay front seats.

I was in for $800.00+ and got outbid. I did however, win the rear seats though. All I

need are the fronts and I'm good-to-go, as they say.

Still wanted to hear from anyone else who upgraded to leather. Primarily about the wiring,

mounting, etc..

:rolleyes:

Steve

I added leather seats from an '03 to my '01 ST.....with heat and both power.... was able to use the power that was there for the drivers seat.....but ran a new line to the passenger side to handle the power and the heat. Have had both heated seats on this winter and no problems. Really straightforward once you run the power under the floor mat.

hopes this helps!

Ready to retire?? 47000 miles and pristeen condition is not meant for retirement!! 5 or 6 more years, ......maybe!!!

Tom.... You are like me. If the vehicle is in good shape and no problems. I keep them for 7 to 10 years. Let the Mods come.

There was a study done a few years ago. A person who buys and keep a car 7 to 10 years. Versus a person that leases or changes every three to four years. The first guy saves $350K to $400K in a life time...Iam probably a little lower, cause I tend to buy Mods...:)

Heck, once it's paid for the MODS really begin :) DW's Sable is paid for, that gives me an extra 340.00 a month to play with for toys :0

How folks think the vehicle is ready to retire at 4 yo is beyond me. Ofcourse, I went through alot of cars keeping them for only 2-3 years so I could keep up with the Jones, in the last 10 years or so I have seen the error of my ways..... my ST is 4 and has 50k on it.... I plan to keep it for about 3-4 more years.

For 12 years (18-30) I bought a new vehicle every 2-3 years. Since then (30-41) I have had 2. My ST is in outstanding shape inside and out, and I have no intention of getting rid of it. It will be paid for in Sept. DW's Mercury is 6 yo, we have had it 5, it is now paid for and we intend to keep it for one more year and bank the $$. I had toyed with the thought of a new Trailblazer or Explode for her, decided to bank the $$ instead.

Not trying to start an argument Q.... I just hear folks everyday at work saying they are going to buy a new car to replace one that is only 2 years old... they keep rolling negative equity and digging a hole for themselves. Your own quote was "I mean that truck is almost ready to retire? Why would you spend that much money on an old truck..." Folks doit every day on wheels, paint, tires, etc...why not seats? Just because you like a new car every 4 years doesn't mean everyone else does.

I wont tire of the ST as quick as you think since I do things to upgrade it and make it more interesting to me-if gives that "new" feeling without the expense of a new car loan. In fact, I was just looking at replacing my leather ..... :)

Do it!! If you can find it, replace it!! I lucked out and got front and rear, BRAND NEW.....from a guy in Louisville, where they were building the STs. Don't know if they were "5 finger discounts" or what...they had never even been installed in a vehicle!! No marks on the mounting holes and the plastic was still wrapped on them.They are much more comfortable and the heated seats are a great help in the winter. Go for it!!!

Q...I had maybe 2 vehicles when I was young that I traded before they were paid for. The last 4 I sold were 10 to 11yrs old. I have a '94 mustang gt for sell now. It is 11yrs old.

Like someone said above. You can do certain mods and it makes you appreciate longer ownership.

Nothing against those that trade often. When I buy, I hash it in my mind, how am I going to feel about long term ownership. I have been lucky so far, never got a lemon that I had to dump..:)