2001 - Suggestions for Front Seats?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Has anyone went with aftermarket front seats for my 2001 4x4 who's originals are flat and sunken sadly?

Thanks.

May start going to junk yards looking for some Eddie Bauers.

I'm in the same situation. My driver's seat is not firm at all and the foam seems to have broken down on the left side.

I would be interested in aftermarket or other vehicle seats that fir because the current 1st gen seats don't lean back much. I want to take some long cross country drives and nap in the seat. Looking for a compatable seat that leans back or a hack to enable the current one to lean back much more.
Thanks

I just took the cover off and had an upholstery shop make me new bases. Then I installed all new leather upholstery from leatherseats.com. they made the to fit perfectly. Very reasonable for price

Attachments

• 20211025_124817_001.mp4
    6 MB
I really like the 2 tone look I got. The even gave me an extra piece so I could recover the center console

Attachments

• 20211025_125544.jpg
    20211025_125544.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20211025_125532.jpg
    20211025_125532.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20211017_192017.jpg
    20211017_192017.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
I would be interested in aftermarket or other vehicle seats that fir because the current 1st gen seats don't lean back much. I want to take some long cross country drives and nap in the seat. Looking for a compatable seat that leans back or a hack to enable the current one to lean back much more.
Thanks
Go to junk yard and get manual seats not electric
They are great for sleeping as they go back all the way.
Manual seats last forever
Just regrease
Good to go
Yr 2000 explorer are the best year metal
Got cheap after that year

If you stick with the original seat frames you may want to check out this resource - The Seat Shop.

https://www.theseatshop.com

Obviously, the user who posted the 2 tone handmade covers were gorgeous. But a couple of months ago I finally got around to replacing the back cover for my driver seat. I ordered the cover from the Seat Shop. They provided a video tutorial for replacing both the seat and the back. For someone not super mechanically inclined, it was a challenging job getting the cover to stretch to fit. But overall, the leather material was high quality and very satisfactory end result.

I've also ordered and replaced my armrest cover. Both restored high quality look, factory suitable, and very comfortable. They also sell replacement cushion foam. So, I'd suggest giving them a look to fit your needs.

If you stick with the original seat frames you may want to check out this resource - The Seat Shop.

https://www.theseatshop.com

Obviously, the user who posted the 2 tone handmade covers were gorgeous. But a couple of months ago I finally got around to replacing the back cover for my driver seat. I ordered the cover from the Seat Shop. They provided a video tutorial for replacing both the seat and the back. For someone not super mechanically inclined, it was a challenging job getting the cover to stretch to fit. But overall, the leather material was high quality and very satisfactory end result.

I've also ordered and replaced my armrest cover. Both restored high quality look, factory suitable, and very comfortable. They also sell replacement cushion foam. So, I'd suggest giving them a look to fit your needs.
It was my truck that has the 2-tone upholstery from leatherseats.com. I had never done upholstery before. It wasn't that hard and the new leather fit perfectly. The company was very thorough. All you really need is some patience and hog ring pliers with hog rings. I got a pair of of Amazon.

Latest posts