2002 4x2 Upgrade to Limited Slip Differential?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricP

V6 Engine
2 wheel drive
2002 1st Gen
Reaction score
The other thread about locking diffs re-energized my long standing desire to upgrade my open diff. I've had a Powertrax lunchbox locker on the shelf for years that I've never gotten around to installing. It's supposed to be street friendly, but from what I've learned recently, it'll still cause clunking and tire chirps on dry pavement, like in parking lots and other similar driving situations. In other words, not ideal as a daily driver.
I've done some research and found that Powertrax now has a LIMITED SLIP option that utilizes gears instead of clutch plates. It's called the Grip Pro Traction System. It's similar to a torsen differential. I think it may be what I'm looking for.
Does anyone know anything about this product?

No one on here is going to know about that...... In my 2003 I installed the Motorcraft racing carbon fiber LSD unit..... Even the track lock is cheap now. I dont know the skill set but that would be the better way rather then a lunch box unit.

Latest posts