• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2002 Sport Trac for sale or trade

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Bolin

2 wheel drive
V8 Engine
2002 1st Gen
Reaction score
I am sadden today. I go to start my Sport Trac this morning and just as it begins to start, I hear a loud pop and it starts to puff out white smoke. I am down on money so I can't afford to have it taken in for repairs. I am now having to sell it or trade it for a replacement vehicle. It's a harvest gold gen 1 2002 with a v6 2 wheel drive. I'm the second owner and the original owner might have had a minor accident on the driver side, so I replaced the door from a silver one. Everything else on the truck worked just fine. I also replaced the stock stereo with one from wal-mart. I has 18in KMC Skitch rims (Which are no longer made) along with mostly new tires. I even just had the oil changed less then a month ago. Interior is clean. Looking to try and get MAYBE $1500 out of it. I know it may seem like alot, but with that I can get a replacement vehicle and get on the road again. If anyone can help, please let me know. I am in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area.

Sadly it could be a simple fix unless there are underlying issues.....

It turned out that a small mechanic was able to fix it. It seems it popped almost every vacuum hose at the same time time. The mechanic replace them all, realigned my driver's door, replaced my locks, provided me with new door keys, and replaced my door handle that broke. Almost $600, but now it's purring like a kitten. I was worried it was something terribad, so I wanted to keep my options open.

About that "small mechanic":
~ Was he just a "shorter regular guy" or officially a "little person"?
~ Was "small" an advantage that others should look for when chooosing a mechanic?
;)
Glad things are fixed & back in good running order.

Small mechanic meant he was a small mom and pop mechanic out of his back yard. And sometimes the mom and pop mechanics might be better than more well known ones because they can sometimes charge a lot less and do even more. It's best to do your own research about your local mechanics and ask around.
I'm glad things are fixed and running more than you can imagine

Latest posts